When I turn my printer on it starts with a green light, then it flashes orange 7 times, turn back to green for one flash and keeps repeating. I cannot get it to print anything. When I try printing it tells me that there is an "operator error". How can I get my printer working again?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Operator Error Canon i850 printer
Start with the printer OFF
1. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER 2. Release RESUME 3. Press RESUME twice, then release POWER 4. Let green light blink until printer is done futzing
Select function with RESUME press POWER to execute: presses - light color - function
Number of presses - light color - function 0 presses - green - Test print (or exit service mode on i960) 1 press - orange - EEPROM info print (plus grid nozzle diagnostic on i850) 2 presses - green - EEPROM initialize 3 presses - orange - Reset waste ink counter
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Most of the time when a printer used for a certain period the ink would dry out and caused an error message. What you do is to replace with a new inks pad inside the printer and reset that error message. Once it is done, your printer will work again!
1. Turn off printer 2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button. 3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go. 4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go. 5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking. 6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times. 7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more. 8. Your printer should respond as normal. Please remember to rate all Techs who assist you for free :)
For Canon i850, i950, S600 Start with the printer OFF 1. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER 2. release RESUME 3. press RESUME twice, then release POWER 4. Let green light blink until printer is done futzing Select function with RESUME press POWER to execute: presses - light color - function Number of presses - light color - function 0presses - green - Test print (or exit service mode on i960) 1 press - orange - EEPROM info print (plus grid nozzle diagnostic on i960) 2presses - green - EEPROM initialize 3presses - orange - Reset waste ink counter