An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: no memory card, set time
The date/time battery is "built in" (not replaceable) to this model according to page 13 in the manual (available here). It is supposed to recharge when you have the regular battery installed, but if you leave the regular battery out for more than "approximately three weeks", the internal battery may go flat.
I'm not sure this has anything to do with the memory card issue, though. Check the battery problem by inserting a freshly charged battery, turning on the camera and setting the correct date and time, then turning off the camera and waiting an hour or so (with the main battery still in the camera). Turn the camera back on, and if the date and time have to be reset again, your internal battery may be bad, and the camera would need to be serviced.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It might be due to a bad contact of the placed memorycard.
1. Pull the memorycard out and in the camera several times and retry. 2. If not OK, format the card in the camera. If that does not work, format it in the computer. 3. Try another memorycard and recheck.
Hi, try to remove first the memory card inside your camera, most memory cards are inserted at the location of the battery also. Pull out the memory card after pulling out the battery. You can pull out the memory card by pressing it once and it should pop out automatically. If it's lose already, please check the sides of your memory card, there should be a small switch either color grey, orange or red and change the switch by clicking upwards or just the opposite side of the original place... the card then is not write protected anymore.
If the camera displays Memory card error, No Memory Card, or takes an
abnormally long time to write an image to the memory card, when a memory
card is inserted or any of the above error messages, make sure that the
card is inserted properly. For SD card, make sure that the card lock
switch is in the correct position and not stuck in-between.Try formating the memory card ,if after formatting the card in the camera the error persists, try
another memory card. If this occurs with only the one card it is likely
that the memory card is defective, if the error persists over more than
one card the camera may require service.
1. Ensure batteries are fully charged.
2. Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand, dirt or any damaged etc.
3. Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck
4. Try removing batteries and memory card, wait 5 minutes and refit the battery only.
5. Now turn on camera( with out card ) and see ,if working then fix the memory card & again turn on the camera. If working then fine . Otherwise format the memory card and fix back in camera again & try. Make sure before format the memory card take a back up all photos in your computer then format. If no luck then reset or restore the camera setting by pressing Menu key for 2 sec .. in not done the press both Menu & self time key for 2 - 4 sec.
Take your memory card out and move the tiny plastic switch on it to "unlock" or whatever it says. If that doesn't help, try another card. If that still doesn't help, come back and we'll try something else!
Many times when someone fools with a memory card and the camera is on, it sort of backfires when the camera is trying to read or write data to the memory card. Error 10 might be attached to a fault in the memory card or system error. Try doing this first: remove you memory card when the camera is off. Remove you batteries so it can reset. Leave the batteries out for 30 secondsthen replace them. Use a brand new SD memory card and then turn on camera. Go to menu and format the new memory card and see if this helps. Good luck.
Hello, Many times when someone fools with a memory card and the camera is on, it sort of backfires when the camera is trying to read or write data to the memory card. Error 10 might be attached to a fault in the memory card or system error. Try doing this first: remove you memory card when the camera is off. Remove you batteries so it can reset. Leave the batteries out for 30 seconds then replace them. Use a brand new SD memory card and then turn on camera. Go to menu and format the new memory card and see if this helps. Good luck.