I was doing my hair then i put my phone on the window cill in the toilet then after that it slipped and fell into the toilet.
then i put the battery on the radiator and a few hours later it worked but the screen wasnt showing up and it was only making sounds and vibrations .So What Do I do or should i just leave it on the radiator and see what happens???
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1.) remove the battery and open up the phone 2.) separate screen circuit boats keypads etc. 3.) use a hair dryers and dry it as best as you can 4.) fill a large bowl with a little rice, place the parts in them and cover it with more rice (the rice draws out the moisture thats the logical reason for it) 5.) leave over night, 6.) dry with hair dryer again in the morning, let cool and reassemble..
hopefully it will work.. (depends on if the circuit board was shorted out or not, it it was its dead, if it wasn't well it will be working now)
ps dont forget to rate this if you found it helpful so it can be of help to others.
dont turn it on, motherboard need to be cleaned in the isopropanol, if you dont have it just let it dry (put it into the cup with rice for few days) DONT TURN IT ON (at least for 5 days if you not sure if its dry) Use hair dryer from long distance to dry it. Even if you think that phone is dry it will be still wet. Your battery can be dead as well as screen. But if you are lucky it will work.
Once a piece of electronic equipment gets wet, you need to disassemble it, remove the battery and dry it carefully using a lint free cloth. Then use a hair dryer to dry it out. Do not put the hair dryer too close as you could overheat and damage the item. If you wait too long to do this, the water may have already fatally damaged your phone as things begin corroding quickly. Good luck!
first thing is get the battery out then use a hair dryer no heat or low heat at a distance air blowing over it should remove all water wait a day or so to put battery in. droped mine in lake while putting boat in and did the same thing and still works today.
I am not sure if this will help but here goes anyway. I assume you immediately removed the phone from the toilet when it fell in. Here is what I did in a similar circumstance. My wife once dropped her car keys and remote in the toilet while she was at work. Once she got home, I opened the unit up and using a hair dryer carefully dried off the printed circuit board. I then replaced the battery. The remote is still working today. Good luck! Whether this works out for you or not you should tell your Mom about it. Accidents do happen - my guess is she will understand.
Switch off the phone as soon as possible. Allow it to dry else the circuits will be affected. Check if it works tomorrow, if it doesn't you might need professional help.
Some components will require change.
really the only thing to do in this case is to let it dry COMPLETELY before putting any power to it. if you let it dry completely now it may still work but if you tried it already and it failed i doubt it. try a new battery if it wont turn on. i dropped my nokia in the toilet and let it dry for 3 days then it worked; had a buddy spill his bottle of beer on my blackberry and after the defrost and over night it worked fine.... good luck
There is a possibility of it working again but water damage does alot of damaging things to phones. The best solution is to take the battery out and don't use it or try to charge it for a few days. Let it completely dry out and it might work but chances are slim. No matter what you hear or read do not place it in the oven, dry it with a hair dryer or even place it in rice. Those things will actually cause more damage to your phone.