Question about Kenwood KDC-MP228 CD Player
This is the only way to clear the code. You must have the remote to do this, it will not work without the remote. I work at an authorized Kenwood service center and tell you for certain that this is the only way it can be done. If you do not have a remote, you will either need to buy one or borrow one from somebody else who has a Kenwood radio. Most all Kenwood car stereo remotes will work, it does not need to be from the same model number but it must be a Kenwood car stereo remote. If you can not find a remote for this then you will need to take the radio to an authorized Kenwood service center and they will usually do it for a small fee.
The first step is the only part of this procedure that you do not use the remote.
1. During code request mode, press the Track UP key for at
least 3 seconds while holding down the AUTO key. (– – – –
2. Enter, “KCAR” with the remote controller as described below.
• Press the remote controller 5 key twice, and press the Track
Up key. (Enters a “K” )
• Press the remote controller 2 key three times, and press
the Track Up key. (Enters a “C” )
• Press the remote controller 2 key once, and press the Track
Up key. (Enters an “A” )
• Press the remote controller 7 key twice, and press the Track
Up key. (Enters an “R” )
3. Security function is canceled and unit sets to All-Off mode.
4. Code request mode appears if a mistake was made in entering
Posted on Dec 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 11, 2013 | Kenwood KDC-MP235 CD Player
on Dec 07, 2010 | Kenwood KDC-135 CD Player
Nov 07, 2009 | Sony CDX-M630 CD Player
Aug 26, 2009 | Kenwood KDC-MP235 CD Player
Jul 08, 2009 | Car Audio & Video
Jun 13, 2009 | Sony CDX-M9900 CD Player
Jun 18, 2008 | Car Audio & Video
Mar 12, 2008 | Car Audio & Video
Nov 12, 2007 | Car Audio & Video
899 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: