Question about Canonical Ltd. Ubuntu
When I configure the usb modem by wvdial command its configuration file is created and I modified the configuration file with every kind of stuff I got from internet but still it is not able to connect with usb modem, its giving 'canno open serial port.'
1st log in the root user
connect the usb modem
run terminal in linux
type following command
wvdialconf will detect the modem
jus replace dis wid defaulf setting
aftr dis open terminal type wvdial &press enter
if u want to disconnect den press clt +c
Posted on Dec 12, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on May 19, 2010 | Computers & Internet
on Dec 16, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 18, 2013 | Computers & Internet
2. Connect Your Samsung with a working Internet connection ( via )USB Cable
3. Samsung PC Studio or any other Samsung mobile drivers are not installed
1. Connect your Samsung Star 3G to your PC and install the modem drivers that you have downloaded.
2. Goto Control Panel > Phone and Modem Options
3. Select the Modems tab. You will see Samsung mobile modem listed.
4. Select it and click on Properties.
5. Goto the Advanced tab and put the following in the box for Extra Initialization Commands:
( or tye AT+CGDCONT=1, "IP', "apnname")
eg:- +cgdcont=1, "IP", "bsnlnet"
6. Hit OK and exit.
The next step is to create a dialler for your Samsung Star 3G mobile modem.
Error 619 solved
1. To create a dialler, Goto Control Panel>Network Connections
2. Hit Create a New Connection and proceed as follows (each sub-point is for each screen of the wizard):
2.1 Network Connection Type: Connect to the Internet
2.2 How do you want to connect to the Internet: Set up my connection manually
2.3 Select Connect using a dial-up modem
2.4 Select Modem-Samsung Mobile Modem
2.5 Type an ISP name according to your preference (could be anything)
2.6 Type*99# as the phone number ( or type *99*1*1# or *99***1# )
2.7 Leave Username, Password and Confirm Password fields blank
2.8 Hit Finish
That would complete the wizard and make a dial-up connection for you. Dial it and you will be connected to the Internet via your Samsung Star 3G phone modem without using Samsung PC Studio.
Nov 21, 2010 | Samsung Modem Configuration Software...
Feb 05, 2010 | Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 3 Standard...
Dec 10, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 19, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 15, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5610 Notebook
Apr 29, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Sep 18, 2012 | Canonical Ltd. Ubuntu
527 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: