Epson stylus r1800 problem with printing on cd/dvd
Try this :
Disconnect the printer from the computer.
Turn it off & make sure the CD/DVD tray is closed then turn it back on.
Here's generic instruction for you:
If you are receiving an error pertaining to the CD TRAY NOT BEING INSERTED CORRECTLY, please do the following:
-Don't force the CD/DVD tray into the printer.
-Make sure your printer is powered on, and the output tray is in the upper position.
-Please ensure there is at least 3 inches of space behind the printer, or the CD tray may eject.
Included, are the correct CD/DVD loading instructions. Please follow the instructions below:
1. Ensure the printer is powered on. Remove any paper from the sheet feeder.
2. Push in the paper support extension on the printer, and close the paper support.
3. Push in the output tray extensions, but leave the tray open.
4. Lift the output tray. Place one hand on the top of the printer, and pull up on the output tray until it stops. Lay the tray down in the upper position.
5. Place the CD or DVD into the CD TRAY with the white (or printable) side facing up. Note: To print on small 8cm CDs, please place the small CD ring on the tray first, then place the CD inside the ring.
6. Slide the tray into the tray guides located in the output tray. Push in the guide until the arrow on the tray matches up to the arrow on the tray guide.
7. Press the PAPER button to load the CD/DVD into the printing position. The CD is correctly loaded when the printer's POWER button stops flashing.
General tips for CD and DVD printing:
-Burn data/video/images onto CDs or DVDs before attempting to print on them.
-Do not use thermal-printable or regular CDs or DVDs in the printer.
-Moisture or fingerprints on the printable surface of the CD may cause marks or smearing to appear after printing.
-All printable inkjet media is different. Some surfaces will absorb ink better than others. If output appears banded, faded, or streaky, print a Nozzle Check pattern to confirm that all colors of ink are printing completely. If the ink does not completely dry or smears after 24 hours curing time, you may need to use the Epson Print CD tools to adjust (lower) the print density.
-The only supported resolution for CD/DVD printing is 1440 dpi (aka "Photo")
-Borderless printing and printing on the "inner circle" (plastic around central hole) of CDs is not supported.
-Do not use the "print preview" feature provided by the Epson printer driver as it will only show the image on a blank field and does not offer a clear indicator of where the image will print.
-The Epson Print CD software works best with JPG images and may not import some TIFF images.
Sep 26, 2008 |
Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer