Question about Yahoo Messenger
I had been using version 8 without problems. I downloaded YM 9 and it installed properly. When I type text before sending it, the text is visible, but I cannot see text I have sent or text that someone sends me in the messenger box. I have tried uninstalling YM9 and reinstalling YM8 and this did not solve the problem. Additionally, clicking on just about anything related to YM now causes a script error box to appear. Thanks for your help!
Try uninstalling the ym9 and restart the system and reinstall it properly...if again it doesn't work properly better use version 8 itself....
Posted on Dec 11, 2008
Try and update your java and flash to make sure they are both up to date and that the installations haven't conflicted with anything.
To update java go here:
Here for the latest flash player:
If you still need further assistance please let me know. Please take a moment to accept and rate the solution accordingly as well.
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
open Internet Explorer
select Internet Options
now click on the Security Tab to select it
Under Select a Web Content Zone make sure the Internet icon (world globe) is selected
this will show the Internet Zone
Under Security Level for this Zone click on Custom Level
The Settings window will open, scroll down to the category heading "Scripting"
and select "Enable" for the following
- Active scripting
- Allow paste operations via script
- Scripting of Java applets
click OK, click OK
Launch Yahoo! Messenger, now login again.
if you are still seeing no text....
then try really hard to think what Security applications you have installed, ZoneAlarm, NIS, some AntiVirus suites, anything that deals with "security" regarding controls or blocking actions / access, as Yahoo! needs Scripting enable to function so if some other program is blocking this, or preventing the execution of Yahoo! Messenger wont function correctly. Some applications will also revert or over-ride your IE settings back to what they consider appropriate so your IE settings may look correct but are infact being controlled else where.
Last but not least, check what version of yahoo messenger you have installed...
from within Yahoo! Messenger click Help
click About Yahoo! Messenger
a wee About box pops up telling you what version you have installed
if it's not showing v184.108.40.206 you can grab the latest version
v220.127.116.11 (for Windows 98 / 2000 / ME / XP) released 30 November 06 available for download directly from Yahoo's servers
If uninstalling and installing the yahoo messenger also not work then follow the below two steps
go to Start Button - Run - type regsvr32 jscript.dll - then press OK
go to Start Button - Run - type regsvr32 vbscript.dll - then press OK
now your yahoo messenger will work normally
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
It is most likely because you don't have scripts enabled. Try this first.
To enable scripting:
1. Click the "Tools" menu on your Internet Explorer toolbar and select "Internet Options."
2. Click the "Security" tab.
3. Click the Internet (globe) icon and click the "Custom Level" button.
4. Scroll down to "Scripting."
5. Enable the following:
* Active scripting
* Allow paste operations via script
* Scripting of Java applets are all enabled
6. Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the window.
If that doesn't work try this:
Why do I receive an error when running Yahoo! Messenger?
You might have a corrupt file in your Yahoo! Messenger directory. To fix the problem, you must manually delete the "Messenger" directory on your C: drive (default), then reinstall the Yahoo! Messenger application.
To delete the directory:
1. Close the Yahoo! Messenger application if you currently have it running. Make sure all instances of Internet Explorer are closed.
2. Go to your desktop and double-click "My Computer."
3. Click the "C:" drive.
4. Go to:
* C:\Program Files\Yahoo!
5. Highlight the Yahoo! Messenger folder and press the Delete key on your keyboard. (All archives will be deleted if they are not copied. Please see below.)
1. Close all running applications except for your Internet browser.
2. Visit the Yahoo! Messenger home page.
3. Click the "Download Now" button.
To copy your complete Message Archive:
1. Close Yahoo! Messenger (if it is currently running).
2. Go to your Desktop and double-click "My Computer."
3. Select the "C:" drive.
4. Go to:
* C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\Profiles
5. Your "Profiles" folder contains your complete Message Archive. Copy it to the same location on another computer if you wish to view it elsewhere.
Note: If you copy this folder to another computer, your complete Message Archive will be copied, overriding the Message Archive on the computer to which you are copying.
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 22, 2011 | Yahoo Messenger
Apr 22, 2011 | Yahoo Mail
Nov 04, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 01, 2009 | Yahoo Messenger
Aug 07, 2009 | Yahoo Messenger
Aug 05, 2009 | Yahoo Messenger
Apr 05, 2009 | Yahoo Messenger
Apr 10, 2008 | IBM ThinkPad T23 Notebook
Mar 30, 2008 | Yahoo YHT-630 System
101 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: