Question about Philips ToUcam Fun II Webcam
I installed the driver the this webcam. All was working and in the middle of a chat it "disconnected". In checking the webcam it said it wasn't connected. I reinstalled the software and all was good again and then the same thing. I'm getting tired of having to reinstall this every couple of days to have it working. I've got Vista which this webcam is compatible with. Any suggestions?
After you get your camera installed properly, DO NOT unplug it from the USB port as it will cause
the drivers to be corrupt and render the camera unusable till reinstalled it properly.
Follow the instructions below and it will work.
Disconnect the Camera from the USB port and reinstall the CD or Downloaded software program.
When the program asks you to connect the camera to the USB port, do so and it should work.
Then to use it on the Web, do this.
Web Camera’s have to be setup on the program they are to be used with. Just installing the camera on your computer does not set it up to broadcast on messengers or Skype.
Each program has Options that have to be setup in order for the Audio and Video to function properly.
A. Skype Setup:
After downloading and installing Skype (http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/download/skype/windows/beta/downloading/) set it up as follows:
1. Go to Tools, then Options, and click on Audio Settings and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
2. Then click on the Video Settings.
3. The camera if Installed Properly will come up and show a video picture.
4. Then, on the bottom of the page click on Save.
The camera and audio should function properly. Your friends and Family will now be able to see and her to you.
B. Yahoo Setup:
After downloading and installing Yahoo Messenger (http://www.soft32.com/download_30.html ) set it up as follows:
1. Go to Messenger at the top left and click on it.
2. Next go down to Preferences and click on it.
3. Next Calling and Devices on the right and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
4. Next go to the Test Audio section and (in blue writing) click on “Open the call setup assistant” and follow the instructions on the left window.
C. Windows Live Messenger:
1. After you start Windows Live Messenger, expand the view by clicking on the square on top left next to the red X.
2. Then on the Windows Live messenger window on the right side, click on “ “Show Menus.” And then click on “Show the Menu Bar”.
3. Next go to the Menu Bar on right side, click on “ “Action.”
4. Go to “TOOLS” and click “Audio and Video Setting” and follow the instructions.
NOTE: Your audio and video should work. Enjoy.
When done both the Audio and Video will function properly so you can chat and see family or friends you are connected to.
D. AIM (AOL) Messenger
1. On the VIM sign-in window click on Edit.
2. Then click on Settings Enhanced IM.
3. Next click on Enhanced IM.
4. Then click on Audio Video.
5. The Audio and Video portion has drop downs so you can select the proper audio card and video camera installed in you computer.
The Audi Video drop downs are
Adjust Your Audio and Video Settings:
In order to adjust your audio and video settings, please follow the steps given below:
1. Click the Audio and Video Settings button directly below the My Buddy or My Camera window. If you are currently participating in an AOL Live Video IM session, a message will display: You must disconnect the current AOL Live Video IM conversation before running setup. Would you like to disconnect now? Click the Yes button.
2. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
· The first time you use AOL Live Video IM, a message will display: Would you like to first check your audio and video settings? Click the Yes button. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
· images in AOL Live Video IM may appear reversed, or as a mirror image (text may appear backwards) when you look at your own camera feed or at the picture-in-picture (PIP) display.
After making the settings your ready for a chat and video talk with your Family and Friends. Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Aug 26, 2009
1st You download Webcam Driver.
After this install the Webcam driver in the system.
Installation of Webcam Driver
Go to the control panel
Click on the System Icon
Click on the Hardware Tab
Click on the Device Manager s
Select the Unknown Device or printer device where yellow Question Marks sign on it.
Right click on it and uninstall it.
After this go to the top of the device manager and click on scan for hardware changes.
Driver installation Wizard start.
Brows Your Driver from the Hard Disk and click on next.
Driver will be install.
You can download driver from bottom link.
Other Companies Camera Drivers for Windows XP Vista Windows 7
Posted on Aug 13, 2014
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 04, 2009 | Philips ToUcam Fun II Webcam
Dec 10, 2008 | Philips SPC610NC Webcam
Sep 07, 2008 | Philips J44414
Aug 16, 2008 | Webcams
520 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: