- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
That means that the region code of the DVDs that you are trying to play in the unit do not match the region code that the player is set to. Often people buy DVDs for real cheap only to find that they are pirated copies from overseas and have other region codes that do not match their machine. If that is not the case, you need to check to see what region code your machine has. Most can be changed, but there is a limit to how many times you can change the region code on most devices so be sure to know what you want before you start messing around.
You can only change the region code a few times (usually 5), so I wouldn't do it. You should leave the current player at region 1, and buy and install another DVD player and set it to region 4, then you will have 1 for each region you want.
The screen will show: "Region Code: 2" Press [1-6] to manually set the region OR  for multi-region.
Press [SETUP] to exit
You will now be able to play DVDs from anywhere in the world.
This is particularly useful, because region 1 DVDs from the US often come out when the movies are still in the cinemas over here. Region 1 DVDs can be bought perfectly legally by mail order or from the internet.
You can follow the following instructions to make your philips dvp3120 player multi region!!!!!
1. Turn on the unit
2. Open the loading tray
3. Press the "Setup" button on the remote
4. Navigate to the "Preferences" page using the right arrow key
5. Enter 138931
6. You will now see the current region code displayed
7. Use the Up/Down arrow keys to select the region required or "0" for all regions
8. Press the "Play" button on the remote