Question about liftmaster Electrical Supplies
I have the 3 button remote and now when I hot the large button to open the door, the light blinks 9 times. To open it, I have to hit the wall control, the dorr goes a quarter of the way up, then i have to hit the button again. To close the door I have to hit the wall button and hold it down until the door reaches the ground. Any ideas?
If the wall station is flashing the lock button is on Push and hold the lock button for 2 sec. and release. The light should be solid(not flashing)
For you door opening part of the way:
If you have a Chraftsman/Liftmaster:
1.Check to see if the door is running correctly.
A. Run the door down and pull the emergency release. See if the door will run easily by itself.
1. If it runs hard by hand try lubricating the rollers and hinges with silicone spray or some form of lubricant (not WD 40)
2. If the door is heavy and falls back to the ground, you probably have a spring issue (either broken or needs more tension) in this case call a professional door repair company in your area.
B. If the door runs fine then check the up and down force on your operator (the box that hangs from the ceiling). If the light bulb(s) on your operator are on the front and/or back, the force adjustment screw is on the back of the operator. If the lights are on the sides of the operator then the force adjustment screw is on the right side (looking from the back of the operator and facing the garage door). Turn the light blue adjustment screw with the up arrow to a higher number.
C. If this does not solve your problem the top bushing could be going out of your operator. Open the case and see if a lot of black filings are on the top of the big gear. If so the gear assy. will have to be replaced part # 41C4220A
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 08, 2014 | liftmaster Lift Master 377LM 376LM 315 MHz...
on May 29, 2010 | BMW 528 Cars & Trucks
The instructions in the owner's manual are correct, but after following them, my garage door installer and I discovered a few quirks and fixes for them.
It is important to park the Touareg in front of the garage door. Be careful not to park underneath it.
If your remote garage door transmitters are already programmed to your door opener, you need to do the following steps:
1. On the garage door opener itself, there is a learn button. Press and hold down the learn button until the learn indicator light goes out (approx. 6 seconds). (The learn button is near the antenna on your door opener.) By doing this, you have just reset the codes. At this point your remote door transmitters will most likely not work. This is o.k.
2. In the Touareg, press and hold whichever homelink button you want to program until the light above the homelink buttons slowly blinks. Continue to hold the button in and at the same time, hold your remote transmitter underneath the map lights and press the button. Continue to press both buttons until the homelink light rapidly flashes. Let go of both buttons.
3. You now have 30 seconds to press the learn button on your garage door opener. Press it once. The light will start to blink.
4. Go back to the Touareg, press and hold the homelink button you just programmed for 3 seconds until you get a blinking light. Repeat again. This time, it should open or close the door. The homelink button is now programmed.
5. Now that the homelink button is programmed, you now have to re-program your remote transmitters. Take the transmitters with you.
6. On the garage door opener, press the learn button, the light will blink. Now press the button on the remote transmitter. The light should stop blinking. Repeat the step if you have more than one transmitter. You should be all set. The homelink button should work in the Touareg and your remote transmitter(s) should also work.
In summary, the rolling codes in the door opener receiver have to be reset. For some reason, the Touareg has to be programmed FIRST. Then the remote transmitter units. If the remote transmitter units are already programmed, you will most likely not be able to program the homelink in the Touareg for a rolling code door opener.
Mar 14, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 20, 2010 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Jul 12, 2010 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Apr 30, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Mar 31, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Aug 19, 2008 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Aug 18, 2008 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Jan 01, 2008 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
379 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!