Question about Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
This is on my Lexmark X5150 injet printer, could you tell me what this actuall y means. Thanks Larry
You have to use oil (olive oil) or petroleum jelly and wipe, using a paper towel, the horizontal silver bar that the cartridge carriage rides across. The ink builds up on this, making it difficult for the carriage to slide across. This works for me every time, and you'll notice a lot of ink on your paper towel!
Posted on Jan 16, 2009
Hardware Error 0502 on LCD Display
Check the encoder strip on the printer. (This is a clear strip running the length of the printer, above or behind the cartridge carrier.) Do the following:
1. Switch off the printer using the power button.
2. Disconnect the power cable from the back of the Lexmark X5100 / X6100 Series.
3. Leave the power cable disconnected for 30 seconds.
4. Slide the cartridge carrier to the middle of the printer by taking the top part of the belt and moving it gently to the right.
5. Take out both cartridges.
6. Place an index finger on the encoder strip on either side of the cartridge carrier.
7. On the back of the cartridge carrier, there is a small slot that the encoder strip fits into. Slightly push the encoder strip down and then back up to get it into the slot.
8. Lightly press the strip first to the rear and then forward, if necessary.
9. Clean the encoder strip with a dry tissue. Also clean the contacts of the printer.
10. Reconnect the power cable and switch the printer on again.
11. Perform the hardware test without cartridges first and then with both cartridges.*
12. Make a standalone copy.
13. If the copy is satisfactory, repeat the test once to confirm that the error is gone.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it.
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 07, 2011 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 16, 2011 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 29, 2010 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 11, 2010 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 01, 2009 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 29, 2009 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 14, 2008 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 26, 2008 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 29, 2014 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
134 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!