Says add right cartridge. Have put in new and used cartridges(which also worked in my other lexmark. A Lexmark tech email team tech tried to solve it thru a series of solutions but none worked. I just called the 800 # which I discovered is not in US and they have no service centers to repair this model anymore. Anyone have any ideas, before i toss it.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
What is the black cartridge version that you are using on your Lexmark X125 printer? If you are inserting a photo cartridge on your printer, please follow these steps:
1. Remove the black cartridge and insert the photo cartridge. The printer LCD screen will display CARTRIDGE? NONE CHANGED. 2. Press the Options button to select NEW RIGHT and then press Start. The printer LCD screen will now display RIGHT CARTRIDGE?3. Use the Options button to select the STD PHOTO cartridge type and click Start. An Alignment page will then print. When the Alignment page is fully printed, the LCD screen will display CARTRIDGE ALIGN. 15 [00-30] A , where- 15 represents the straightest line on the page; - [00-30] is the value range you can select from, between 00 and 30 - A represents the line in each section. 4. Use the numbers on the keypad to select the number of the line you think is the straightest. As you press the number, the LCD will change to the next line automatically. Select the number representing the straightest line in each section. Source: How to Install the Photo Cartridge in Standalone Mode
All cartridge installation and level reporting is done through the printer itself, not the software. You should ensure the X125 has the cartridges installed in stand alone mode first. To do so, open the lid and remove the cartridges. Then unplug the power cord for one minute. Reinsert the cartridges, connect the power cord and close the lid. When the lid is closed, the display will ask you if "New" or "Old" cartridges were installed. If new, align the cartridges, if asked to do so. If this still presents you with a "Change Cartridge" message or something similar, please try a different cartridge.
Follow the steps given below:
1. Snap the cartridges in and out three times.
2. On the operator panel, press Options to indicate which cartridges were changed.
3. Press Start / Yes.
4. Press Options to indicate the type of cartridge you installed.
5. Press Start / Yes.
If the problem persists, do the following:
1. With the printer powered on, remove both cartridges.
2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the printer
3. With the printer disconnected, insert the cartridges and reconnect the power cable.
The front panel is hinged at the bottom so grab the top and pull towards you. Under that is a protective cover, the one with the 2 paper guides. towards the bottom of that there is a hole in the middle. Put your thumb in it and lift the cover up. Your carrier for the cartridge is under that. Please Rate!
That link will give you the manual..just in case you need it.
Did you go into your printer properties and select new cartidge installed? If this doesn't work, take the cartridges out and clean the contacts on the side and in the carrier with a qtip and rubbing alcohol. Give it a few minutes to dry and reinstall the cartridges.
try powering off the printer for 30+ sec.... then turning it back on... unplugging/replugging the cartridge and doing maintenance cycle the printer's sensor are acting up and Lexmark won't really share how to reset these things, neither offer "logical" tips... The info given here was pretty much the Lexmark troubleshooting steps...
First of all lexmark doesnt support refill carts. but what u can do is reseat the carts & then press the options button till u see cart new both. & then select both the blk & clr as new. it should work other wise buy new carts
same issue with me, using a genuine cartridge... cartridge sensor is probably stuck or hung... i know of possibilities to "trick" the sensors on refilled cartridges... i just don't have the documentation for that anymore... it came with my ink refill package
As you do not have the disk with you, rather than finding the disk you can get all the software, drivers. manuals( user guide ) on the website. It is available free for you to download. I have mentioned the link below http://support.lexmark.com/static/229-1-0-346.html
Hope you find all the info you are looking for on this link. Will wait for the ratings.