Question about ASUS P5VD2-MX SE Motherboard
My pc was working fine but earlear because my hardrive is only a 20 GB,decided to shut down the pc and not unplug it,and just clicked the rear switch to zero,then i uninstalled my hardrive to try the other 80GB,drive to see if it would work but would not boot up even with 3 versions of booters,so i put my own one back in to my pc and that wont reeboot eitther now the pc does not go as far as any modes to start and in the bios it does not recognise my hardrive anywhere?please would welcome some advice on how to resolve this issue,any help desperate to get soughted,ive borrowed a pc to ask this question for any aid,regards,garnedd
Off course there isn't any harm in changing your ribbon cable.
Please let me know what happens.
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
1) Unplug the ide cable from the motherboard, and try booting, It should through an error.. which is good.
2) If it troughs an error than re-plug the ide cable back in and make sure hard drive is plugged in tight.
3) boot up he system and go to the bois
4) In the bois select auto detect drive (if you have that option) if selected than save the bois
5) if the driv has been found then you system should boot up correctly assuming that you have an operationg system installed.
Please let me know how you get on.
Posted on Dec 08, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 01, 2012 | ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 Motherboard
Dec 02, 2011 | Intel D865PERL Motherboard
Apr 20, 2010 | Gateway MS-6312 (4000785) Motherboard
Aug 10, 2009 | Biostar MCP6P-M2 Motherboard - v6.0,...
Jan 01, 2009 | EliteGroup P4M800PRO-M478 Motherboard
Oct 17, 2008 | Intel D845GLLY Motherboard
Sep 06, 2008 | Intel Motherboard
Nov 09, 2007 | MSI MS-6366 Motherboard
74 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: