Question about ASUS P5VD2-MX SE Motherboard
My pc was working fine but earlear because my hardrive is only a 20 GB,decided to shut down the pc and not unplug it,and just clicked the rear switch to zero,then i uninstalled my hardrive to try the other 80GB,drive to see if it would work but would not boot up even with 3 versions of booters,so i put my own one back in to my pc and that wont reeboot eitther now the pc does not go as far as any modes to start and in the bios it does not recognise my hardrive anywhere?please would welcome some advice on how to resolve this issue,any help desperate to get soughted,ive borrowed a pc to ask this question for any aid,regards,garnedd
Off course there isn't any harm in changing your ribbon cable.
Please let me know what happens.
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
1) Unplug the ide cable from the motherboard, and try booting, It should through an error.. which is good.
2) If it troughs an error than re-plug the ide cable back in and make sure hard drive is plugged in tight.
3) boot up he system and go to the bois
4) In the bois select auto detect drive (if you have that option) if selected than save the bois
5) if the driv has been found then you system should boot up correctly assuming that you have an operationg system installed.
Please let me know how you get on.
Posted on Dec 08, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 02, 2011 | Intel D865PERL Motherboard
Jan 13, 2011 | Western Digital My Passport Essential...
Feb 21, 2010 | Dell Dimension 3100 PC Desktop
Dec 31, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario S3040SE (DF222AR#ABA)...
Oct 28, 2009 | Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3400633A 400 GB...
Dec 14, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 08, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 24, 2008 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
74 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: