Question about Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Our Kenmore washer #110.26882503 fills with water very slowly and the water pulsates rhythmically as it enters the tub. No water would enter on cold settings, so I checked both hoses, cleaned both screens, and tapped on the inlet valve solenoids with a screwdriver. Now, water flows on either hot or cold settings, but still pulsates and flows very slowly. I just wanted to make sure that this sounded like a faulty water inlet valve before I ordered a replacement valve.
Yes, the only other thing I would do and you may have done this is to put the hose directly over in the washer tub and turn the water on to check the flow. If that's good then replace the water valve.
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
For low water volume - or "Trickling" effect...
1. Turn off the water supply to both hoses.
2. Remove hoses (one at a time so you don't get them confused)
3. On the washer side - look for a removeable screen inside wher you just removed the hose.
4. Using a small screwdriver - pop out the screen and reverse-flush it/clean it. It will likely be full of sediment and calcium deposits from your pipes.
5. Replace the inlet screens.
6. Re-fit the hose to the machine.
7. Turn on water supply valves.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 03, 2014 | Kenmore series 80 Washer Motor 3349645-
Aug 08, 2014 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Mar 24, 2010 | Washing Machines
Mar 17, 2010 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Jul 17, 2009 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Apr 17, 2009 | Washing Machines
Apr 12, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Nov 24, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Nov 14, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Nov 04, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
342 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: