a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To test magneto leave properly mounted and gapped to the motor. unplug black wire from magneto. Crank motor and test for spark. If you get spark with the wire unplugged then the magneto is fine and your problem is in the wiring system, likely a safety switch. If you have no spark with the wire unplugged then the magneto is bad and needs to be replaced. BTW, the black wire is a ground. That is what shuts the motor off when you turn the key to off or when you get out of the seat, etc. So the motor will not shut off with that wire unplugged. Also, putting any voltage on that wire will immediately damage the coil.
There could be several problems. First, make sure you have a sharp blade. Then check the arbor for drag just after you have been using it. Unplug it, lift the motor a bit (to loosen the drive belt) and turn the blade with your hand - it should turn very freely. Check the motor shaft for drag too by turning the motor pulley with your hand (with the belt loose). The motor should have just a tiny bit more drag than the arbor shaft. If all of these check out ok, then you might have an insufficient gage of wire between the electric panel and the saw - a thin wire long extension cord is often a problem. If you are using an extension, try to eliminating it and plugging directly into the wall. (It depends on the length, but in general don't use a cord lighter than 14 ga - higher numbers mean skinnier wire). And it could be that the house wire is too light - a long run of 14 gage wire is too light - you want 12 gage wire and a 20 Amp rated outlet. If all of these are not the problem, then you have a bad motor that is partially burned out (that is, the insulation on the coil windings has melted and the coil wires are shorting out resulting in coils with a lot less turns than the motor was designed for. You can replace the motor or get it re-wound. Good luck!
the thermal motor relay is shutting it down,,motor to hot,
insure that all the air vents or saw housing are not full of saw dust. blow it out with air from a reversed hose on a shop vac if you don't have a compressor.
hope this helps.
If its tripping the breaker then it is pulling more current then it is supposed to. The motor is probably shorted out and needs to be replaced. There may also be another short inside the dryer somewhere. Unplug the dryer and open the panel on the back. Look for burnt wires or any signs of a short circuit. If you don't see anything or are unsure of what you are doing, contact a professional handyman and have them do the work.
not if you are mechanically inclined and have a bearing puller. first unplug the tool and lay it on its backside to expose the motor, remove the brushes and the 4 screws that hold the motor housing to the diaphragm, remove the armature and then remove the bearings, press the new ones on, and reassemble, I would also replace the brushes unless they look really good.
sounds like the reset button needs replaced. Also when is the last time you cleaned the motor area?? When you reset the button is the motor "hot" to the touch and if so could also be a motor problem,, try the reset first