Question about Dishwashers
You are right. The plastic screw needs to be removed. I have a Quiet Guard 4. My procedure is as follows:
1. Remove baskets. Need to pop off the 'keepers' at the ends of the top slidding shelf supports.
2. Remove bottom washing arm. Unscrew (Gently but firmly) the centre post. Lift arm assembly out.
3. Remove overhead conduit. One screw at back, one at top.= (Philips #2 bit). Rotate whole assembly 45 deg right (Clockwise) and lift off of centre post.
4. Remove centre post (Pull straight up). Remove 4 screws (Star T-20 bit). Lift the whole plastic assembly out. Pop off the screen and clean,
5. Remove cap over cutter/chopper. There is one screw at the left front (Star T-15 bit). Remove screw and cap (Needs some wiggling to free it up). Remove cutter and filter (this is the water blocking problem). It is on a spring loaded pin. Pull the cutter blade foreward and lift the filter disc straight up. Clean thoroughly. I ran a 'quick rinse' cycle with everything out to chean the inside.
Hope there is enough of a similarity to be helpful.
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 18, 2016 | Frigidaire Dishwashers
Good Afternoon friend, thank you for your post!
I understand that you have some standing water inside of your Frigidaire dishwasher. It is a normal operation to have anywhere from 2 to 3 inches of water inside of the tub of your dishwasher. If it is anything more than that you could have an issue with the drain pump or drain line.
You may want to check the drain line for any restrictions or clogs that could cause improper siphoning from your dishwasher. You should also make sure that the filter located in the bottom of your tub is clean, that could cause water to stand within your dishwasher. I hope this information is helpful. -Matt
Mar 11, 2015 | Frigidaire Dishwashers
Apr 02, 2014 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Oct 05, 2011 | KitchenAid 24 in. KUDI01FLSS Stainless...
Mar 08, 2011 | Viking 24 in. Professional Series VUD040...
Dec 11, 2010 | GE GLD4456RCS Builtin Dishwasher
Sep 14, 2009 | Kenmore 15129 Built-in Dishwasher
Jun 22, 2009 | Kenmore 24 in. 15689 Built-in Dishwasher
Jul 12, 2008 | Frigidaire 24 in. FDB1050REC Stainless...
Jun 05, 2008 | Beko 24 in. D3421F Free-standing...
321 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!