Question about HP Photosmart C4280 Aio Printer
I have an HP all in one copier, printer and scanner, everytime I try to scan it says USB not connected, I have uninstalled and reinstalled
twice now, checked USB connection it is fine, I can print just can not
use the scanner
Ok - the reason this error pops up is because there is a software issue going on. If the software is correctly installed you will see options for where the scan will go in the computer.
Having said that there are several things that can cause a problem between the printer and the software;
1) You are connecting the printer by USB to router - you may print but will never be able to scan as this is not a networkable printer. Connect it directly to your computer and recomplete the setup portion to configure the scanner.
2) You have not finished the setup. At the end of the installer you can setup the scanner but if you skipped this step you will have to redo it in order for it to connect. Click on the device manager in your dock and then next to information and settings there will be a little wheel. Click on the wheel and go to setup assistant. Complete the assistant and try to scan.
3) The printer is not grabbing the new software options - leave the printer turned on but unplug the power cord and wait for 30 seconds. Plug printer back in - when you do this it should initialize and will look to the mac for changes and the options should load.
4) Software missing - You MUST have the software for the printer installed for scanning function. Adobe and other programs cannot replace it - it has to be installed.
5) Software is corrupted. Uninstall the software (uninstaller is under applications in the HP folder) and then download (www.hp.com) and install the most recent full feature software and drivers for your operating system.
6) If all these steps fail you may have an issue with your computer and it's TWAIN drivers.
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2017 | Dell Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 17, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 01, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 02, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 24, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 14, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 12, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 20, 2007 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 29, 2007 | Samsung SPP-2020 Thermal Photo Printer
222 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: