Question about KitchenAid KGRS205TSS Stainless Steel Dual Fuel Range

1 Answer

Can't find a part to convert broiler to LP

KitchenAid KGRS205TSS

Posted by on

  • rugg85 Dec 08, 2008

    They converted the gas valve (where it connects to the flex line) properly (flipping it upside down). That's all in the manual. Also in the manual is instructions to replace the broiler orifice with a different orifice made especially for LP. My installer has tried tightening the orifice down as far as it will go and opened the vent as far as it will go. The broiler flame still shoots out across the top of the oven and goes the sides. According to the manual I need a broiler orifice part spacifically for LP. It's on page 14 of the manual in black an white plain as day. Why can't I find this part????


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 160 Answers

What you need it to change is the possition on the regulator of the stove. it's located where the gas flex line conects to the stove,it has a knot that you swich and put it up side doun. but if is just the brioler you can turnd the orifice down wich is tighting it so that the flame is about 1 in and a half.that is located as the burner sits on the safety valve, and then open the vent to give more oxigen to the burner to take away the yellow tip on the flame.

Posted on Dec 08, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Gas orifice

Check your LPG pressure. This is very dangerous! Employ a gas expert to make it safe.

Feb 27, 2014 | KitchenAid Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

Kitchenaid KGRS205TSS oven light clicks infrequently even when not in use

That is definitely a sign of the light assembly going out. Here is the part to order. There is also a video on that same parts opage to show you how to make the repair.

Dec 23, 2013 | KitchenAid KGRS205TSS Stainless Steel...

1 Answer

I have a garland h283 i want to convert to nat gas from lp what is the orrafice diameter? I would like to drill the lp oriffice out. Also do i need new pilots?

Most gas ranges that can be converted between LP and natural gas include an orifice kit usually located by the gas connection and regulator. Some ranges cannot be converted. I doubt you will be able to find any documentation that tells you the size of the required orifices. Remember that there is an orifice for each of the surface burners as well for the oven and broiler burner(s)

Oct 31, 2013 | Hotpoint RGB745 Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Converting broiler in oven from natural gas to lp gas on hotpoint gas range

On the oven portion you will need to turn the oriface clockwise all the way till it bottoms out. This is the conversion from natural gas to lp gas on all gas ovens. Also make sure the valve down toward the back has been flipped off of nat. to lp. Good luck

Mar 02, 2010 | Hotpoint RGB745 Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Need to convert from lp to ng on a kenmore 362.7556191

conversion should be done by a qualified tech. you need ng orifices to replace the top lp orifices on top burners, you need to turn top of regulator over to ng, this is located behind bottom door and you need to adjust your orifices in your oven burner back up, should be screwed complerely down now and same for broiler also air adjustment may be needed. do not recommend you try this yourself

Feb 05, 2010 | Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

Gas range converted to LP gas huge flame in oven

was the injectors converted in both and was the regulator converted

Jan 21, 2010 | Kenmore 78530 / 78531 Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

2002 GE XL44 converting from LP to Nat Gas

the jet sizes will have to be changed due to the weights of different gasses

Jan 20, 2009 | GE Profile Spectra JGBP90 Gas Kitchen...

1 Answer

Can't find a part for LP

what you need is a presure regulator,that part goes as the flex line comes from the house line to the stove. between the flex line and the pipe of the stove. thats where you conect the regulator for propane.

Dec 08, 2008 | KitchenAid KGRS205TSS Stainless Steel...

Not finding what you are looking for?
KitchenAid KGRS205TSS  Stainless Steel Dual Fuel  Range Logo

Related Topics:

117 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top KitchenAid Kitchen Ranges Experts


Level 3 Expert

2963 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

4758 Answers


Level 3 Expert

61037 Answers

Are you a KitchenAid Kitchen Range Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides