error 1203 means either or both cartridges have short circuited and needs replacement..
You will need to perform the following steps to find out which cartridge is defective:
1. With the printer turned ON, open the front cover and remove both cartridges from the printer.
2. Power the printer OFF and unplug the power cable for 30 seconds. Plug the power cable back in and turn ON the printer.
3. If the error message is now cleared from the printer, please perform the "Self-Test" by following the steps below:
1. Make sure the printer is in “Copy Mode.”
2. Press the “Menu” button once.
3. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Copies”.
4. Press the left arrow button once. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Tools”.
5. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Tools: Maintenance”.
6. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Maintenance: Ink Levels”.
7. Press the right arrow button until the screen reads “Maintenance: Print Test Page”.
8. Press the check button once. This will start the Self-Test. Once the page has printed, the printer will stop. The test is not continuous.
If the printer has detected a "Cartridge Missing" error, then please follow the steps given below:
1. Turn the power OFF.
2. Open the front cover.
3. Turn the power back ON. The print cartridge carrier should move to the install position located in the middle of the printer. If it does not, close and reopen the cover:
4. Reseat both cartridges in the printer and check for the error.
5. If the error still displays, then remove the color print cartridge.
6. Close the cover.
7. If there is no error indicated by flashing lights, the color cartridge has short-circuited.
8. However, if you continue to get an error, repeat steps 1-3, and then go to step 9.
9. Remove the black print cartridge and reinsert the color cartridge.
10. If there is no error indicated by flashing lights, the black cartridge has short-circuited.
11. If you continue to receive an error in both cartridge scenarios, both print cartridges have short-circuited.
Apr 23, 2009 |
Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer