Question about Computers & Internet
There might be a few reasons for this to happen, but before we narrow it down, lets try checking if it will work in "Safe Mode". I assume you are on Windows XP (correct me if I am wrong!).
Follow these steps:
1. Restart your computer.
2. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
3. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
4. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.
5. Once in Safe Mode, click on Start -> Run -> Type "msconfig" without the quotation marks and hit enter.
6. Navigate to the startup tab and uncheck ALL of the items from it.
7. Nagivate to the services tab and check "Hide All Microsoft Services" then uncheck all of the items that are left on the list.
8. Hit apply then ok and when asked to restart choose yes/restart.
9. Do not hit F8 after the restart and see if the computer starts up properly.
If the computer started, then there is a problem with one (or more) of the applications or services on your computer causing it to hang.
Let me know what happened and then we will narrow down the program causing the problem!
Posted on Dec 08, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Mar 03, 2011 | Google Chrome
Click on "Start," "All Programs" and "QuickPlay."
hope this helps
Jan 18, 2011 | Compaq Presario CQ50-215NR Notebook
Jan 29, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Sep 10, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 11, 2008 | Sony VAIO VGN-N130G/W Notebook
Nov 20, 2006 | Gateway 510H Pentium 2.4 GHz, 256MB RAM,...
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!