Question about Whirlpool LSB6300PW Top Load Washer
Washer won't spin or agitate but drains fine. It makes a loud clicking noise when I think it should be turning. It is a Whirlpool LSB6300PW0.
Motor to transmission coupling broken. Original WP parts are ruber and plastic. The plastic appears to be a common break part. An improved replacement part is available with metal inserts.
1. Unplug washer from power.
2. remove 2 screws on front of machine below dials. This allows you to flip the knob box out of the way.
3. Disconnect 3-prong electrical connector.
4. Remove springs holding outer case to back of unit. A flat screwdriver will make this easy.
5. Tip outer case of washer forward then rock the case side-to-side to dislodge it from the front seat. Remove outer case and set aside.
6. Disconnect the electrical connection to the pump and the 2 connectors to the capacitor.
7. Remove retaining clips from the pump with a flat screwdriver. Do not remove hoses from pump.
8. Remove retaining clips from motor. These should be secured by a screw which will need to be removed first. Remove the top clip first and the motor will tilt down.
9. The coupling is comprised of 3 parts, two plastic gears with legs which slip into the black rubber connector. One gear fits onto the shaft from the transmission or "gearbox", the other fits onto the shaft coming from the motor. One is probably broken and there will likely be black debris from the rubber connector. This lets you know for sure this was your problem. The gears will need to be removed by prying them off or use of a gear puller.
10. The replacement part runs $15-20 and should be in stock at a good appliance parts center or it can be found on the interent but you may have to wait a day so plan your repair accordingly.
11. Install the gears on both shafts first. A 3/8"+ socket and extension can be used to tap the gears onto the shaft fully. Once the gears are installed, place the rubber connector on one gear and lift the motor into position to fit the coupling back together.
12. Reinstall the retaining clips on the motor and the screws on the clips.
13. Reinstall the pump and its retaining clips.
14. Reconnect the 2 connectors to the capacitor and the electrical connection to the pump.
15. Reinstall the outer case by first setting the front edge into position on the frame and tilting it back into position.
16. Reinstall the springs holding the outer case to the back of the washer. The flat screwdriver will help again.
17. Reconnect the 3-prong electrical connector and flip the knob box forward into postion.
18. Reinstall the 2 screws holding the knob box on the front of the washer.
19. Plug the washer back in and test the washer by setting it to the spin cycle to see that it spins.
20. For the do-it yourselfer it should take an hour to an hour-and-a-half plus time to and from the parts store.
Posted on Dec 10, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2014 | Washing Machines
Hello Tina Kaha - Often when a unit does not spin, it is because the unit cannot properly drain and dispose of the water and detergent solution. Does the unit make a humming noise? If so, the drainage hose/pump may be clogged and needs to be cleaned. If not, the washer may possibly be experiencing an issue with the door lock assembly, faulty pump, timer or control board not communicating correctly. Because it could be a number of any one of several underlying causes, I would recommend contacting a professional to properly diagnose and repair the unit.
Apr 19, 2013 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Aug 21, 2012 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jul 09, 2012 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jun 05, 2012 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Jun 14, 2011 | Whirlpool LSR7333 Top Load Washer
Dec 20, 2008 | KitchenAid KAWS700L Top Load Washer
Nov 10, 2007 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Aug 26, 2007 | GE WVSR1060A Top Load Washer
Jul 30, 2007 | Kenmore 22642 Top Load Washer
Jun 09, 2013 | Whirlpool LSB6300PW Top Load Washer
261 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: