Remote works when first turned on then doesn't after a few minute
I have a universal remote that operates a flat screen tv, stereo, and dvd from an external eye to each unit. it has been working fine for over a year and has just started this problem. when I first turn on the power from about 15 feet away it works fine. after a few minutes it will no longer work unless I get within a few feet of the unit. I have changed the batteries (twice) and it still continues this.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Use code search to find a code or codes that will work. You may find that you have to program the TV and DVD parts with separate codes. If a search through all codes stored in the remote fails, you may have to try a different universal remote. All universal remotes do not store all possible codes.
hi have you tried scanning all codes with the remote untill it picks up the correct signal if you have the manual it will tell you how to do this if its possible it will work after searching the codes. Also what model remote and what make cable box
TVs made since 1988. Works Mitsibushi . TVs only. Will not operate. TV/VCR or DVD Combo units. ... fully operate yout TV. Full function replacement remote for ToshibaTVs made since 1988. ... 2004-2005 LCD TV's. ON/OFF, CHANNEL +/-, ...
eBayUniversal Remote Controller 6 IN 1 TV DVD VCR Satellite Receiver Cable Box Audio... control for Samsung LED/LCD TV is the lastest product, easy to operate and ...damaged or needs to be substituted, or when you dxxire to have a combi.
Nov 10, 2008 - Uploaded by alpharedecho
... how to program an RCA Universal remote for operation with your TV. ... Still in able to work or my rca flat screen and my zenith. .. ive .... I'd do it over and over and the power button on the remote just turns off in the end?.
A remote is not designed to control and Moitor. They only run by the video/sound output from the pc. So I am taking it for granted that you meant TV instead of Monitor.
A. Before buying a new remote try replacing the batteries first.
B. I found the Innovage Jumbo Remote Control manual and it has no code for the Vizio TV, you will need to utilize the remote's "Code Search" option.
1. Turn on the Vizio TV.
2. Aim the Jumbo Universal Remote at the Vizio TV and hold down the "Code Search" button on the remove for roughly 3 to 5 seconds. The LED lights on the Jumbo Universal Remote will come on.
3. Press the "TV" button at the top of the Jumbo Universal Remote.
4. Start pressing the "ON/OFF" button repeatedly until the Vizio TV turns off. This will likely take several minutes due to the amount of available codes.
5. Press "Enter" on the remote immediately after the Vizio TV turns off to save the code.
6. Test the Jumbo Universal Remote by trying to control the Vizio TV with the remote. If the control doesn't work with the remote, repeat the entire process.
Not sure if you've decided to throw your remote control away already or not. But I've only used option B only for an LG TV and it worked. My suggestion would be to turn your dvd player off and configure your TV first. I can't help with the split screen, sorry! The trick is the distance you put between the remote and the TV. When using option B, point your remote about 1mm away from the signal receiver on your TV! (where you see a red light or something) Took me around 1 minute or more. Just talk to someone on the phone while waiting for your TV to turn off. Remember, hold the "power" button down until you see a reaction!