Question about HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet Printer
The LCD screen displays the following:
Open Door-Clear Carridge Jam, and then press ENTER.
We have changed all ink cartridges, and cleaned all contacts with pressurized air. Help!!!!
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Dec 08, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 01, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX340 Wireless Office...
Press and hold the "left arrow" key.
Press the "Setup" key and release both keys.
Display should say "Enter Special Key Combo"
Press and release the "OK" button
1. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says "System Configuration Menu".
2. Press and release the "OK" button.
3. Display should say "Hardware failure status". If not there already, Arrow Key over to "Hardware failure status",
4. Press and release the "OK" button.
5. Display should say "Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear".
6. Press and release the "OK" Button. Message changes to "Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue".
7. Press and release the "CANCEL" button as many times as necessary, so that, either the "Welcome to Photosmart Express" screen appears, or, the "Ink System Failure" screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
8. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
9. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
10. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message "USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER" followed by "PRESS OK TO CONTINUE". Press OK.
11. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the "ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS". Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
12. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use.
NOTE: If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit.
Aug 23, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 05, 2011 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 16, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 15, 2010 | Brother HL-4040CN Laser Printer
Ensure that all cables are securely connected. First, make sure that the printer cable connecting your computer to your printer is connected securely. Then, make sure that the power cord is inserted into a wall outlet. Try your print job again after you have ensured that all cables are properly connected.
Clear a paper jam if your printer is not responding or you are receiving a "Paper Jam" error message on your printer. To clear a jam, first open the rear output door by pushing down on the two levers on each side of the door. Opening the rear door simply makes it easier to clear a jam. Open the top cover on the front of the printer by pressing the release button on the right side of the printer. Locate the paper jam and use two hands to gently remove the paper jam. Try your print, scan, fax or copy job again.
Clear stored or saved faxes if you are having trouble sending or receiving faxes. Old faxes may be stuck in the fax queue, which may be causing the printer to not respond. To remove stored faxes, press the "Menu" button on the printer and select "Fax Functions." Then select "Clear Saved Faxes." Wait for the queue to clear and try your fax job again.
Remove paper from the automatic document feeder (ADF) input tray if your scan job is coming out crooked. The ADF input tray can only hold up to 50 sheets at a time. If there are more than 50 sheets in the input tray, the output may appear skewed. Try your scan job again after removing the paper.
Adjust your computer monitor's display settings if your scanned image is not an accurate representation of the original image. This can be done in the "Control Panel" in Windows. Set the settings to the highest possible resolution and try your scan job again.
Perform a power cycle on your printer if the previous steps were unsuccessful. To do this, turn off your printer, then unplug it from the wall. Wait a few minutes and plug the printer back in. Try your print, scan, fax or copy job again.
Oct 04, 2010 | HP LaserJet 2840 Printer
Mar 10, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 14, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 08, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
15 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: