An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: i have a magavox big screen
This can be any number of things, here is a possible listing:
1) No High Voltage (check the IHVT or the trippler)
2) CRT filament transformer winding open (check the windings that supply voltage to the CRT filaments)
3) Video / CRT socket boards bad (highly unlikely but check anyway)
4) High Voltage power supply malfunctioning (related to problem #1)
This listing is a good starting point. I would suggest that you purchase a schematic to aid in testing the voltages mentioned in the 4 steps above. If you have a background in electronics then do the above, if not please ask a qualified TV technician to perform these steps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your flyback has failed most likely...bad new is they are nearly impossible to find, This is a known issue on most of the models below. The site Tv Repair Kits can sometimes get replacements - but its not often.
This repair kit is known to work on Magnavox TV sets with the following Chassis/Model Numbers.
Audio without video is usally a vertical or horizontal deflection problem with the DPTV chassis and Mag 1 chassis which is what you have. You may need a new deflection Large signal board. If you would like a link to one of those boards let me know.
When I turn on my magnavox 51mp392h/17 the sound and picture works but there is a sizzling sound coming from inside of the tv I looked and the sound is coming from what looks like a coil it has 4 lines coming from it 3 of which go to the color projectors and one to what looks like a transformer. Can you help me out?