Lexmark x2470. Fax solutions not working after going high speed
I am running windows vista with the lexmark x4270 all in one. I have been using the fax solutions software and have been able to send/receive faxes just fine for a couple of years. Recently I was able to upgrade from dial up to high speed dsl. Now, I can not get a dial tone to send faxes. Not sure what else to try. Can anyone help diagnose the problem? Thanks
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Lexmark x2470. Fax solutions not working after going...
Please check that the Phone line for faxing is connected to a seperate NON FILTERED phone line. Not to the dsl line. You can use a line splitter for this. Also the dial up modem may need to remain in your computer for the fax software to dial out. Hope this helps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, The all in one solution software you used in XP doesn't work fully with Vista.
But you can still scan and copy by using Windows Photo Gallery.
1. Click on files tab at the top in Window Photo Gallery.
2. Click on import from camera or scanner.
3. Highlight your scanner icon (ie Lexmark X4270) then click import.
4. New scan window will popup, now you can preview or scan using this basic looking Vista utility.
Windows vista is a brand new OS and many printer manufacturers have had to produce new drivers to run on these OS. I would visit lexmark website and download the new driver fo your printer and OS (vista).