- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Manual unduplication in Outlook.
Everyone who synchronizes databases has to deal with dupes once in a while.
Here is a really excellent method for manually removing the duplicates within Outlook. It looks complicated but it is really easy to do. The principle is this - every record created in Outlook has a creation date/time stamp. When your data got duplicated during a HotSync operation, all of the duplicate records bear a date/time stamp of that synchronization - usually all the duplicates were created within about one minute of one-another.
This is how I got it working. Don't use wireless sync software, someting is definitely buggy with it.
Here is what I did to resolve sync errors:
1. Perform a hard reset on the Palm
2. Go to the Palmone folder on your hard drive (C:\Program Files|PalmOne. Look for the Backup folder. Rename this folder Backup Old.
3. Connect the Treo to your computer.
4. Right click the Hotsync icon in the taskbar and click Custom.
Change the four Outlook conduits (Calendar, Contacts,Tasks,Memos) to Desktop overwrites Handheld.
5. Run a Hotsync with the Treo. It should sync without errors. If you need to install additional applications you can add them now
Start > My computer > Tools > Folder options > General tab click on show hidden files and folders > Apply ok
Go to the follow wing location to find scanpst.exe
if you are using Outlook 2007
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
If you using Outlook 2003
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11
Double click on SCANPST.EXE
Click on browse go to following locaiton where your pst file as been save
C:\Documents and Settings\Robyn M. Drothler\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst