Hi, everytime I try do any operation on my laptop a box opens saying installing windows xp prof then the laptop hangs for a few min and another box opends asking for the cd to be placed inside. Also I cannot access any of my exel or word docs now. It is not a copy it was an original instalation. I am away from home and cannot get to the cd. Please help.
1. Why is this happening
2. How do I repair the problem
3. Why wont the automatic updates install sp3?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you must have the key from the install cd or box. when you install the xp software it will ask for the 16 or 20 character code...a unique prod key for that disk. its is usually on disk or disk container
You'll need a windows xp operating system disk. If you already have windows xp on the Acer then check the Certificate of Authentication (COA) sticker to see what version of windows xp it has. You'll have to have an operating system disk with the same version otherwise once it asks for the key to activate windows it will not activate. For Example, if your COA says Windows XP Professional you cannot install a Windows XP Home version unless you purchased the Home Version and the COA Key has never been used.
Insert the disk in the drive and just follow the instructions. It's pretty straight forward and simple.
There are 2 solutions to your problem-->
1-->FORMAT your PC with the XP prof. Disc
NOTE:- This will delete all the data on the drive(in which you have installed XP earlier)
How to format
2-->REPAIR your PC with the XP prof. Disc
NOTE:- This won't delete anything...But it will slow the speed of PC
hi,this is very simple problem. before installing XP press F2 (go in system setup) and there look for every option,there will be an option for hard disk.on that option select "SATA" AND THEN PRESS F10(to save your choice) after that exit and insert XP cd,window will start installing.
FIRST PLEASE INSERT THE OPERATING SYSTEM DISK.THEN RESTART THE COMPUTER.PRESS ANY KEY WHEN IT SAYS TO TELL YOU.THEN FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.WHEN PARTITION BOX COMES .PRESS "D" TO DELETE ALL PARTITION&"C"TO CREATE PARTITION.AFTER THAT INSTALL THE OPERATING SYSTEM
hello , friend its very easy to do that, steps are
1. insert bootable cd/dvd xp prof. cd.
2. But be cautious because the xp profsn doesnt contain the drivers for ata hard disk. so pls find on net the drivers for ata hard disk drivers, also update it in bootable xp profsnl dvd . recreate bootable dvd of xp with advanced bootable xp,
3. or find it from your friend with latest updates requirement. and do from it.
4. Boot from tht cd and start the installation.
5. once it i completed install all video, audio e.tc. drivers.
6. if you dont have that drivers pls download it from toshiba site by entering the toshiba serial no
your windows installer was corrupted that why its asking open with , so if you windows xp cd which came with your laptop insert the cd and while installing it will show repair option(2 times it show 2nd time u click R) it will repair the operating system and your installer will back ** data will corrupt everything will be safe