Every so often when I turn the system on the red standby light is on and the dvd player won't open and I can't do anything with it. I've tried changing to a different function using the remote, but nothing happens. I've tried pressing the standby button on the remote again but nothing happens. Please help!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
DVD reset procedure for TH-A10
1. Make sure there is no Disc in the tray.
2. Disconnect the power cord.
3. While Pressing "Stop" and "Open/Close" buttons together reconnect the power cord
4. Front display will show "TEST0".
5. Then the display will change to : "TEST1 JC2".
6. Press "Enter" button on the remote, display will show "EEPROM"
7. Press "Power" to shut unit off.
8. Reset is finished
We had a power surge during a thunderstorm that dimmed our lights, and after that the CD opened as normal.
A friend suggested that I pull the power connector, press the open/close button and hold it down as I reconnected the power connector. The power surge beat me to that, so I don't know if it works. It was more than "Tech Support" could offer however.
so sorry no one got back to you with an answer as we exxperts try our best to get back to everyone in a timley fashion .. Your problem sounds like it could be in the powe supply or the output section of the circuit. If your a handy man the I would leave this to the pros BUT if your a tech then you certainly can get the manual and procede with this repair. Tyy looking up emerson on the WWW or try this # Good Luck