Question about Acer AL1912 19" LCD Monitor
I hope you can help! This monitor is less than 3 years old and a few weeks ago the menu for the monitor started popping up. I can't use the controls on the monitor to make it go away. I've tried unplugging, turning off and on, etc.
Sometimes it will stay on there for a long time, other times it will just pop up and then go away. The contrast bar is at 0 and I can't fix it
It just popped up again so I can't see what I had just typed. The contrast keeps flashing and the exit symbol keeps hightlighting (now it went away again). I've tried troubleshooting
A friend of mine had the exact same same problem. I think I fixed it, because it has been 2 hours, without the menu popping up. You need to open the monitor:
- Place it face-down on a flat surface
- Remove the cover of the hinge by gripping it with both hands and gently squeezing and pulling.
- Undo the 4 screws and remove the stand (base)
- Undo the four screws tha hold the cover down (4 corners)
- Use a flat screwdriver to seperate the 2 halves (I used 2, a small one to lift the back, a bigger one for leverage)
You will see a small PCB, fastened by 3 screws, at the bottom (where your menu+on/off buttons are) with a ribbon connection to the screen. Next:
- Unscrew the PCB, and gently lift it out.
- Clean the microswitches and the ribbon cable connection.
- Reassemble the monitor.
To clean microswitches and the connection, I used Kontakt Video 90 spray. There must be sprays on the market where you are. It's basically an alcohol-based cleaning spray. Good for cleaning video/tape/floppy heads, CD/DVD lenses, memory modules, etc.
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 03, 2011 | Dell UltraSharp 1907FP 19" LCD Monitor
Oct 23, 2009 | Acer Computer Monitors
Oct 01, 2009 | Dell 1505FP 15" LCD Monitor
Apr 03, 2009 | Dell E172FP 17" LCD Flat Panel Monitor
Apr 29, 2008 | Acer AL1916W 19" LCD Monitor
Dec 09, 2007 | ViewSonic VX910 19" LCD Monitor
Nov 04, 2007 | Acer AL1912 19" LCD Monitor
Oct 06, 2007 | Acer AL1914 19" LCD Monitor
May 23, 2014 | Acer AL1912 19" LCD Monitor
491 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: