Question about Tomtom GO 510 GPS Receiver
Yesterday my tomtom one was dead just a black screen. I was advised to reset it which i did. It did the trick and is now working but now there is no sound from the speaker at all. Help please.
mau I have lost the sound several times on my new Tom Tom, I have also reset but this no longer solves the problem. My Tomtom is a GO 520 - i cannot select it from the list below, so I gave selected the 510 instead.
SOURCE: Tomtom no sound
i updated my tomtom via computer using their software , it put on a newer version tomtom on it and hence the sound started to work, but shortly after it would not startup again- reset is no longer working....who would have thought youd get such technical probs with the device manufactured by tomtom being the leader in its field.
Posted on May 27, 2008
The problem with that approach is that you cannot transfer maps from another device onto yours without product key activation codes. This is to prevent piracy or abuse of maps on individual devices.
Did you find a good solution?
Posted on Oct 23, 2008
on you main menu go to the wrench picture, that is change preferences. Then touch the arrow, above done on the screen 3 times til you reach the screen that has "3 flags flying. that is the icon to change language. touch that, choose english us and you're done.
i had the same problem. take care
Posted on Dec 25, 2008
When you conect ypur old TT to pc you need tt home software (http://www.tomtom.com/support/support.php?ID=3&Language=1) just use export favorites files (copy to copmuter) then connect the new tt and use import option (copy to tt)
Posted on Feb 15, 2009
Try this solution:
STEP 1 Un-install Tom Tom Home from your PC
STEP 2 Click on the link below:
This will download a little removal program for the Tom Tom Home program.
A Black window will appear briefly then close.
• Make sure that you have got Administrator rights on the PC. Otherwise you may not be allowed to connect new hardware (especially the case when using office computers)
• Reboot your PC
STEP 3 Visit Tom Tom website and download the current new version of Tom Tom Home and install it to your PC
STEP 4 Connect the TomTom
• Make sure the device is fully charged before connecting it to the computer. Ideally a mininum of 4 hours charge.
• Reset the device using a paper clip (see http://www.tomtom.com/6965). When resetting, keep the reset button pushed in for at least 20 seconds, but DO NOT turn the device back on just yet.
• Ensure that your TomTom has power connected to it. There should be a green light on the TomTom unit. If your device came with a Home Charger, please make sure that is plugged in to the TomTom also.
Your Tom Tom should ask you to 'Connect to Computer' if it does tap YES.
Your unit should now be recognized by your PC.
IF IT DOESN'T then follow the instructions below:
1. Connect your unit to your PC;
2. Copy two folders to your PC (namely 'Raster' and the one which holds all your maps - probably called 'United Kingdom and Eire';
3. Using Windows Utility, right click on the Tom Tom drive unit and select Fomat;
4. Switch off the unit and soft-reset it with a paper clip (but hold it in for at least 20 mins) and then re-connect it and power it up;
5. Tom Tom Home should now detect the unit and your unit should ask you to 'Connect to Computer' so tap YES;
6. Tom Tom Home will now say your device needs updating - and if you apply all the changes it will restore it to Factory Finished!
7. Then all's needed is to replace the two folders you backed up and any other items like mp3's and sounds, pics, etc.
Posted on Apr 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 18, 2012 | Tomtom GO 730 Car GPS Receiver
Jan 03, 2010 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Oct 19, 2009 | Tomtom One XL GPS Receiver
Apr 23, 2009 | Tomtom GO 300 GPS Receiver
May 23, 2008 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Jan 12, 2008 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
248 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: