Question about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
When i put in a disk it wont read it it just says please insert a disk like its not reading it
Microsoft Xbox have some common problem like red lights, E74 and Disc
Read Error. Microsoft is providing extended warranty for red lights
problem, Means you will have to spend some money in order to get this
problem repaired from Microsoft also you will have to wait for 3-4
weeks to get your Xbox back. There are many reasons disc read error can
occur in your Xbox like your disc might not be clean, laser might also
be dirty and many more common problem. I would suggest you to first
clean out the disc, you are using. If that don't solve the problem you
can also take the help of DIY guide available at Internet. I think you have got good no. of options to get your Xbox repaired, Choice is yours.
Posted on Mar 07, 2009
SOURCE: 360 wont read disk
First off, try the obvious, clean the lens with an insertable disc cleaner. If that doesn't work, you'll have to crack the case, open the drive and clean it gently with a q-tip and isopropyl alcohol. If that STILL doesn't work, then you will have to order a new drive or replacement lens. You can find them on Ebay all day long
Posted on Jan 29, 2008
I had a similar problem. My PS3 did not start the disk based games.
Those disk based games were not visible in the game menu.
I did not have problems with the normal movie DVDs or movie Blu Rays. Those were working fine. Also downloaded games were working ok.
In case you have the similar problem, you should try the following steps;
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way;:
1. Turn off Playstation 3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
Select option "Rebuild Database".
After PS3 has executed the DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be visible again in the menu and are starting automatically when inserted to PS3.
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 31, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Dec 13, 2010 | Sony Video Game Consoles & Games
Mar 04, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jun 08, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
May 31, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Dec 16, 2008 | Nintendo Wii Console
Apr 08, 2008 | Sega Dreamcast Console
Jun 09, 2007 | Sega Dreamcast Console
128 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!