Question about Computers & Internet
Please Be aware that when using this option you will permanently lose access to any e‑mail messages that were stored on the hard drive (ie. like through Outlook) or encrypted files that are on that account.
If you only have One Account on the PC you are going to need to boot into "Safemode" to do this :
1. Restart PC
2. As it is Restarting tap the F8 key over and over until you see a "Start Up Options Menu"
3. Select Safe Mode and Press Enter
4. Voila! You are in Safe Mode
5. Log Out/ Switch User
6. You Should See and Icon for Your User Account and Administrator
7. Select Administrator.
Once Logged in Follow these steps:
1. Open Local Users and Groups by clicking the Start button , typing lusrmgr.msc into the Search box, and then pressing ENTER.
2. Double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
3. Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click Set Password.
4. Type and confirm the new password.
5. Restart your PC normally
6. Log in with your new password ;-)
I hope this Helps. Take Care =)
Posted on Dec 10, 2008
Start up button on HP laptop not coming on
Posted on May 16, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 24, 2013 | Computers & Internet
May 30, 2012 | HP Computers & Internet
Dec 13, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite M45-S265 Notebook
Oct 27, 2010 | HP Elitebook 8530p Notebook
Nov 19, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Mar 09, 2009 | HP Compaq nx5000 Notebook
Jun 11, 2008 | Compaq Presario Notebook
Jan 30, 2008 | Computers & Internet
673 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!