Question about ASUS Intel 850 Chipset P4T-E (P4T-E/WOA) Motherboard
Hi, I have a brand new GeForce 7050m-m mother board that came with a Combo 1640 AMD processor, I purchased the RAM at the same place I purchased the combo board/processor, I installed a 2gig 240 PIn stick of Corsair RAM.
Problem: WIndows XP Pro installed fine, only it will freeze while using the system, I can be surfing, and eventually the computer will also Power off and back on, I attempted to instill Kubuntu, and during the install which starts out fine,, will stop while setting up, and at times the system powercycles,,
The Only thing I have added to this Combo is a 500 GIG Sata Drive, and of course the memory. Can anyone tell me, what might be the problem? I am leaning toward the Ram, It is a single stick of 2 gigs of Corsair memory,,
I have also purchased a second board of the exact thing, and Processor, and installed my hdd and Memory, and have the exact same problem, Nothing different what so ever..
It could be the processor also (unless you bought another one of those, too), but chances are that you are right in suspecting the RAM. It's a quick troubleshoot, as well - buy a new stick, install it, see what happens.
The system behavior is a tad curious - not something i've ever seen with a memory problem - usually you'll get a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) and an error code that vaguely refers to the memory. Nevertheless, something isn't right, and I don't think a HDD can cause that level of mayhem, but RAM certainly can.
Let me know how it goes after you swap it out - I'd be interested in knowing if that was it.
Posted on Dec 07, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 15, 2011 | Computers & Internet
• HyperTransport 1.0 supporting speed up to 1000MT/s
• NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
• Supports Dual Channel DDR2 667/800
- 2 DDR2 DIMMs (240pin / 1.8V)
- Supports a maximum memory size up to 8GB.
• One PCI Express 1.0 x16 slot.
• One PCI Express 1.0 x1 slot.
• Two PCI slots (support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface).
• One IDE port by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
- Supports Ultra DMA 66/100/133 mode
- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation mode
- Can connect up to two IDE devices
• Two SATA II ports by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
- Supports storage and data transfers at up to 3Gb/s
- SATA II 1~2 supports RAID 0, 1 mode by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
May 12, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 07, 2011 | Gigabyte 890FXAUD5 Motherboard Socket AM3...
Dec 08, 2010 | MSI K9N6PGM2-V Motherboard & AMD Athlon 64...
Oct 19, 2010 | Biostar GF7050V-M7 nVIDIA GeFORCE 7050...
Jul 30, 2009 | Computers & Internet
155 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: