Recharge batteries do not work batteries tested on other appliances ok.
this produce cost about a £110 so should get results.
going away abroad with out a radio is not very nice .
trust you will help me
Do you mean you cannot use rechargeable batteries in this device ?
If you look at those supplied with the radio, you will see that the insulating sleeve on the battery itself does not fully enclose the battery at the negative end. Inside the radio's battery compartment you can see a metallic strip next to one of the spring terminals. This is no coincidence - if you wish to use your own rechargeable NiMh batteries you should be able just to take a sharp knife to the sleeve on your preferred battery and trim it back slightly. When the metal strip in the radio can touch your battery, it should work just fine (based on my experience).
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Even rechargeable batteries need to be replaced periodically. If it is under warranty have the place where you purchased it help you. If it is not under warranty and it has a lot of charge/recharge cycles on it then open it up and remove the battery and take it to be tested first before you purchase a replacement battery.
The external power adapter for your device is for [6VDC - 1 Ampere]. You can use any adapter with this capacity to charge the battery inside the your Philips Da1000. Brand is not matter, but the voltage and current is. Just check the DC socket polarity. It is the main thing that ahs to be checked. Some sets will have outer (+ve), and some others have (Outer (--ve). This will be marked at the DC in terminal of your radio. It is best to be the set in hand, when you go to buy a new one. This adapter can be bought from most of the electronic spare parts selling shops at your town. Philips has designated as [6V direct current, positive pole to current pin] as pin confuguration for the AC adapter. If so outer ring connection will be (--ve). Anyway, make sure about it before buying a new one. OK.
It may be that the water shorted out the battery, and draining a rechargeable totally is a sure way to kill it. If the battery was a couple of AA NiMH, and the radio was well dried out, i would say replace them and see if it works. As it is it looks like proper service people should look at it.
Possible that you have a EMI interferance in your circuit or power which carries into the set..Use the set in the battery mode and swtich off all the mains in your house. if this solves, then check on by one the connected appliances which might produce this static. You could also take the set to another location to see if this reduces off . in this case you will have to check if there is a lurking interferance from the power source. I suppose you might not get this faultt with the FM but MW and SW is bound to pick up the static unless the signal is powerful. Please also try to check your external cords, if possible change the location of the antennae. Further any fault on the radio IFT/filters could be considered. Hope my advice helps you . Good day