Question about Kenmore 46462 Front Load Washer
SERIAL COMMUNICATION ERROR
The communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and
the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly.
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and
Central Control Unit (CCU).
– Check connections of the CCU board within the housing.
– Make sure all grounding switches are engaged.
3. Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any
6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.
7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.
8. Check that the serial harness at the MCU is not mounted
upside down. The wires should be to the lef t when facing
the MCU connectors.
What is the model number of your washer?
Please let me know if this answers your question. Thank you, Binary Bob
Posted on Dec 07, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 09, 2013 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Jun 07, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
May 19, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
May 02, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Apr 01, 2010 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Mar 09, 2010 | Whirlpool AWM6100 Front Load Washer
Jun 09, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Feb 15, 2007 | Whirlpool Duet 3.8 cu. ft. Front Load...
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: