An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: wont turn on?
Make sure you back up all songs on the GoGear before attempting this solution. 1) Back up all files on the GoGear 2) Open up Philips Device Manager (Start --> All Programs --> Philips) 3) Click on the Repair Tab, and look for a msg that says connect the player while holding the volume + button 4) Disconnect the GoGear from the computer and turn the GoGear off - hold in the volume + button and continue to hold it as you reconnect the GoGear to the computer; after holding the volume + button for up to 20 or 30 seconds, a window will open up saying that your device is being repaired (now you can let go of the volume + button); after the repair is successfully complete, your GoGear will be good as new Now you can do the firmware upgrade that will prevent this problem from occuring in the future. Open up Philips Device Manager and click the Update tab. This problem was caused because most GoGear's were designed for Windows XP with Media Player 10 (which is no longer the latest standard). -Tha Mp3 Doctor
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if you can remove the battery start there. is not try to hold the power button for 1min. if that still doesn't work follow the bellow instructions
When Hard Reset is Necessary for Smartphones or Tablets ?
1. Forgotten Pattern Lock on AndroidTablets or Smartphones.
2.Too many pattern attempts / Reset user lock.
3. Tablets PC,Smartphones stuck on Gmail account.
4. Android Tablet PC stuck / freeze on Android logo.
5. TabletAndroid or Smartphones hang on start-up / Multiple errors generating by OS.
6. Android market having problems or generating errors.
7.Upgrading to new Android version.
Make sure to charge battery upto 60%.
How to Hard Reset Argos CnM TouchPad Android tablet pc ?
Make sure the tablet is charged up to 60%
Turn off the tablet completely .
Press Volume + button , while holding Volume + button , plug in charger.
Release the volume + button.
Press Volume + again and press Power button to boot the CnM Tablet.
When Android logo appear , release the volume + button.
Press Power Button again and press volume + button , Recovery Menu will be appear .
Press the volume down and select "wipe data/factory reset"
Power button to select it
You will see "Yes - delete all user data"
Select "Yes"press "Power" button to select it
Formating will start. it will delete all user data .
Few seconds later, you should see the recovery menu again. Select reboot.
It will take approximately 2 to 3 minutes to take you back to its factory (out-of-the-box) state .
you are done.
This Hard Reset method will work with all models of CnM touchpad tablets.
I think holding down menu and the record button at the same time should fix it. I read the best solution and it just turned on. I was having the same problem, mine would not turn on either but just try pressing and holding down the record and menu button for about 5 seconds.
WARNING: this process will erase all songs off the GoGear.
Disconnect the GoGear from computer.
Turn the GoGear off.
Hold in the volume + button.
Reconnect the GoGear while holding in the volume + button.
Continue holding the volume + button.
After 5-50 seconds, Windows will pop-up a "Found New Hardware Wizard." - complete the wizard (BTW, you can take your hand ff the volume + button now).
Good To Go (Gear)!
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
1) Make sure the usb charger is in the lock position before trying to charge.
2) Open Philips Device Manager and try repairing the device. [connect your GoGear to the computer, open Philips Device Manager (Start-->All Programs-->Philips), and click on the repair tab. Now, disconnect your GoGear from computer. Turn the GoGear off if it is not already. Press and hold the volume + key and connect the GoGear to the computer (while still pressing the volume +). A window will pop up saying a repair is being performed. now you can let go of the Volume + button. The repair will get your device working normally again. WARNING: the repair process will delete any music/other media file from your GoGear.]
3) after repair, perform a firmware upgrade ("Update" tab in Philips Device Mgr while GoGear is connected to computer - see Philips website for more details)
Worst case scenario - Even rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charging cycles. The battery for the SA178 is an LI-Polymer 300mAh 12-hr battery. Philips won't fix it for you, but you might want to find a local repair service.
Have you tried hitting the small reset button on the bottom of the unit with a paper clip or similar object? I have had mine freeze and shut off and not do anything before and this seemed to fix the problem. This has only happened with corrupted or unsupported file types as far as I can tell.
Also, if you got the unit second hand, the batteries may need to be replaced, as lithium polymer batters do wear out eventually and wont take a charge.