Question about Panasonic NN-S789 Microwave Oven
Hi, The microwave was working fine. But, all of a sudden, there was a pop sound and small smoke. Then it went ded. No Display, No heating. On investigation, found that bulb got burnt. Replaced the bulb. Fuse looks very good. Bulb glows when the door is opened but still no display. Nor the microwave heates. Just the bulb glows and the tuntable rotates slowly.PLease help me if there is some other fuse that I should check.
The fuse will be a white or gray ceramic fuse, and you really can't tell if it's blown without actually measuring it. If a new fuse blows when you hit START, you probably have a shorted high voltage capacitor. If you have replaced the fuse and still have no display, then it sounds like there's a problem on the control board. The control board has a built-in surge protector which can short (and smoke) and when it does, it will cut the power to the control board, but not blow the fuse. We repair these nationwide for only $39.95 postpaid. If you or a friend want to check it out or send the control unit in for serivce, we have *critical* safety and disassembly info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Posted on Mar 02, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 05, 2011 | Panasonic NN-P295SF Microwave Oven
Sep 09, 2011 | Panasonic NN-P294SF Microwave Oven
Dec 18, 2010 | Panasonic NN-SD377S Stainless Steel 800...
May 17, 2010 | Panasonic NN-T964SF Microwave Oven
Jan 27, 2010 | Panasonic NN-S740BA Microwave Oven
Nov 17, 2009 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Nov 07, 2009 | Panasonic NN-T993SF Microwave Oven
Aug 15, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 10, 2009 | Panasonic NN-S961 Microwave Oven
Nov 14, 2008 | Panasonic NN-S254BF Microwave Oven
Feb 01, 2010 | Panasonic NN-S789 Microwave Oven
255 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!