Question about Kodak EASYSHARE 5100 All-In-One Printer
My pictures are coming out pink, i replaced the ink but still prints out pink.
Hi Mr Michael D-
I actually had the opportunity to answer this same question for one of our premium chat askers.
First of all, I want to make sure that you have recently replaced the ink and are not simply out of the black ink. If this is NOT the case, please read on.
It seems that it is not only a very common problem, but Kodak is aware and even has a site set up to replace the issue (a faulty printer head).
I am going to give you a fix and then, finally, if that doesnt work, the website where you can request a new one.
First of all, we're going to clean the printerhead:
This sounds daunting, but I promise, its just a guide of answering the questions to get to the end result (Getting a new printerhead). Just think of it like those annoying text prompts you have to navigate through to speak to a real person when calling customer service. Speaking of which, you do have the option to simply call them instead but it would probably be more time consuming. 1-800-421-6699.
1. select PRINT QUALITY
2. this will take you to a new page, select NO BLACK, MISSING TEXT, OR TEXT QUALITY
3. you will see another new page, select NO
4. It will ask if you have tampered with the device, select NO
5. Another page will ask another question about ink cartridges, select NO
6. Choose your printer by selecting 5100
7. It will give you the directions I did about cleaning your printhead, since this didnt work, select NO
8. One more page comes up, select NO again
9. We're there! All you need to do is enter your Kodak Service Number (located under the printer access cover), the model and the problem. It will then take you to another page where you can request the new part. Voila!
Posted on Dec 06, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 05, 2011 | Epson PictureMate 500 InkJet Photo Printer
Aug 27, 2010 | Epson Stylus 1400 InkJet Photo Printer
Mar 23, 2010 | Epson AcuLaser C4000 Printer
Dec 18, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 25, 2008 | Canon S400 InkJet Printer
Feb 09, 2008 | Epson Stylus RX500 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 08, 2008 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: