Question about Televison & Video
SONY TV TRINITRON KV 36FV16
UP AND DOWN THERE IS RED, GREEN AND BLUE AND CANNOT BE ADJUSTED WITH THE CONTROL, IS THERE A PART THAT NEEDS REPLACED.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 10, 2012 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-34HS420 34" TV
Sep 18, 2011 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32FS120 32" TV
Jan 24, 2010 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS100 27" TV
Dec 19, 2009 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36FV27 36" TV
Nov 27, 2009 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36FS120 36" TV
You have a problem with the three factors, and they are screen voltage, focus voltage, and control (focus 2) voltage. Basically these voltages have to be adjusted since the components in this section have aged some. These controls are usually located in the television on the IHVT (Integrated High Voltage Transformer) or as it is also called the flyback transformer. these controls must be adjusted together, along with the color controls. Here is how the adjustment is done (You will need a schematic diagram, a DC volt meter, and a color bar generator to do these measurments):
1) turn color and tint fully counter clockwise until you have a black and white picture.
2) connect the color bar generator to the TV (ch 3) and turn it on, you should see bars in various shades of gray
3) adjust as best as possible the color and tint controls to obtain the color bars on the screen Red Green Blue.
4) measure the voltages on the focus, screen and control grids of the CRT and match them to the schematic digram measurements.
5) adjust the focus screen and control grids to match the ones on the schematic diagram
6) once this is done then you adjust the color controls once again to obtain the red green and blue bars on the TV screen.
This should help if the CRT (picture tube) electron guns are still good and if the flyback transformer voltage supply is working.
However if you do not have a background in electronics please take the TV to a shop for repairs.
I hope this helps,
Oct 16, 2007 | Sony KV-20M20 20" TV
Sep 04, 2006 | Sony FD Trinitron KV-28FQ75 28" TV
107 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: