I had the same problem with vista home premium. vista does not support one touch scanning (pressing the scan button on the printer). to use scanner with vista home os use the paint application and start scanning with the file section. step by step:
start (windows) icon lower left tool bar
from scanner or camera
the hp should start working - note: i sent a short cut to the desk top for the paint program for future use
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
use the CD that came with the printer.it has the full feature software that will enable the printing and scanning capability of the printer.
- insert the disk in the CD-ROM drive
- hit install
- reminder:do not plug in the USB cable yet unless you are prompted by the installer to do so
- after installing the software , make a test print to prove the functionality of the printer.
- then we move on to test the scanner
-there are two ways to make a scan:
1. click on the solution center icon on the desktop.
2. in the solution center , there are two buttons for scanning: scan pictures and scan document
3. scanned documents are saved under the MY SCANS folder.
file path is : my documents or simply documents---->MY SCANS
4.for scanned pictures file path is my pictures or simply pictures---->MY SCANS
Here are the steps to scan documents to your computer
1. Turn on your computer, wait for it to boot up, then turn on your printer.
2. Locate the " HP Photo and Imaging Director " icon on your computer and double click it.
This icon was placed there when you installed your printer.
3. After double clicking on the icon, a menu screen will appear showing the scanning options
available on your C3180 printer.
4. Place your document or picture on the printer's glass top and close the lid.
5. Click on the appropriate selection from the menu screen ( Scan Document or Scan Picture )
6. The scanning process will now take place. The scanner will make two passes. The first pass
will allow you to judge the accuracy of the scan and to make changes, if necessary, from your.
monitor. The second pass is the acceptance of the document/picture to the computer.
7. Scanned documents can be viewed in the " My Documents " folder, scanned pictures can be
viewed in the HP Photo Gallery and the My Pictures folder.
1.Turn on your computer and wait for it to boot up, then turn on your printer.
2.Locate the " HP Image Director " icon on your computer and double click it.
( This icon was placed there when your printer was installed on your computer )
3. A screen will appear showing the scanning options available on your printer.
4. Place your document or picture on the printer's glass top.
5. From the HP Director screen, click on the appropriate button to start the scanning operation.
The scanner will perform two passes, the first; is to preview your document or picture and to
make changes, if necessary, the second; is the final acceptance of the document or picture
and save it on your computer.
All scanned pictures can be viewed in the HP Photo Gallery and the My Pictures folder
Documents can be viewed in the My Documents folder.
I hope your scanning goes well.
1. Turn on your computer, wait for it to boot up, then turn on the printer.
2 Double click the "HP Photo Imaging Director" icon on your desktop ( placed there when your
printer was installed on your computer ). A menu screen will appear showing the scanning
options of the printer.
3 Place your document or photo on the printer's glass top and close the lid.
4 From the menu screen, click on " Scan Picture " or " Scan Document "
When "Scan Document" is selected, a secondary screen will appear from which you will have to
make choices. After making your decisions, click "Scan" from the listed screen.
When "Scan Picture" is selected, one scanning pass will be performed, another pass will be
made after you view the result of the first pass.
Scanned pictures will go to the HP Photo Gallery and your "My Picture" folder.
Scanned documents will go to your "My Documents" folder.
Good Luck with your scanning operations!!
You need to get the HP Scangear manager. or use Scan to word or scantoPDF software download from 'net, if you have installed it correctly, you go to Word go to INSERT, go to INSERT Picture, Image, and select scanner and scan. OR scan to clipboard and paste into Word.
First make sure you have installed ALL the HP software.
Get Vuescan, it's a great standalone program, that doesn't require a driver, and just works. There are other scanning softwares too Google for them
Are you able to make copies only (just press copy color or copy balck and check)
And are you able to scan pictures.
If yes then make sure you are scanning from HP Director as Scan documents and follow the on screen direction.
If you do not get the option to scan documents then in HP Director go to> Settings> Scan Documents settings> You will see a option saying promt for these setting at the time of Scan> Put a check mark on that and click on Apply and ok and then try scanning document.
If this does not work the go to Start> Control panel (or Start> Settings> Control panel> Then printer and other hardware or Scanners and cameras> then Right click on the Printer icon> and scan from the options there.
I have found that when scanning b/w documents, its helpful to start with a black and white copy, not a grayscale, pen written, or printed form a printer in grayscale mode copy, but a true black and white on the copier or fax copy. The scanner doesnt read shades of black so well and when scanning multiple page documents, my pixma tends to scan in lightly. I havent found a piece of software to do just this, batch darken what has been scanned (at least not for free). Copying before scanning is the work around. Hope this helps everyone who's had this problem. It also doesnt hurt to darken what your scanning down a notch when copying