Question about Computers & Internet
1. Uninstall Unneeded Programs (Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs) Keeps at least 10% of your HDD free, 20% is preferred. Windows uses this space for it's swapfile.
2. Scan Your Hard Disk for Errors. (Double-Click MY COMPUTER, Right Click C:, Properties, TOOLS TAB)
3. Scan for Viruses (If you don't have an updated and functional AV, http://free.grisoft.com)
4. Check for Spyware and Adware (http://www.download.com, Spybot search and destroy)
5. Defragment Your Hard Drive (Double-Click MY COMPUTER, Right Click C:, Properties, TOOLS TAB)
6. Adjust Visual Effects for Better Performance (Right-Click the MY Computer Icon, Properties, Advanced TAB)
7. Stop Programs from starting on Windows boot (Start, RUN, MSCONFIG)
If you touchpad isn't scrolling, then the touchpad driver either isn't installed or the MSCONFIG startup line has been disabled.
Posted on Dec 06, 2008
I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN USING A GREAT SOFTWARE PROGRAM ITS CALLED REIMAGE...GO TO THERE WEBSITE AND DOWNLOAD THE SCANNER.LET IT RUN THEN GET THE SOLUTION.IT DOES HAVE A SMALL COST.BUT IT HAS ENABLED ME TO FIX/REPAIR MANY LAPTOPS AND DESKTOPS THAT AT FIRST THOUGHT MAY NEED REPLACING.ITS EASY QUICK AND SAFE.http://www.reimage.com/home/?tracking=google&banner=errors&gclid=CKPTnbyorJcCFRg6awodODceiw.RICHARDM69
Posted on Dec 06, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 03, 2014 | Dell XPS 400 PC Desktop
Mar 01, 2013 | Dell XPS 400 PC Desktop
Feb 14, 2012 | Dell Studio Xps 9100 Desktop Computer
Dec 15, 2010 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Sep 10, 2010 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
Feb 09, 2010 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
Jul 06, 2009 | Dell Computers & Internet
Mar 04, 2009 | Dell Dimension 4500S PC Desktop
101 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!