- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
place the document to be scanned on the scanner bed.. then open start-programs-accessories-paint. In paint click on file and then from the menu click on from scanner or camera.. will automatically scan it there.
if u need help setting up default scanner software.. email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you still have the Dell AIO 922 Drivers and Utilities CD? If so, you can reinstall it on your new Dell PC with the Drivers and Utilities CD. Although you are able to see this printer in your list, the other components are missing such as the scan and fax options. If you have already reinstalled it using the CD, you should see the All In One Center under the Start Menu/ All Programs/Dell Printers/Dell AIO Printer 922 and the All In One Center should be showing there. You can right click on the All in One Center and select "send to" and choose desktop to create a shortcut or icon on your desktop. Your options for scanning and faxing should be showing here. Hope that helps!
Do a reset: Dell Printer reset 1.With the power on,unplug the power cord from the wall socket. 2.Disconnect the power supply from the back of the printer. 3.Wait 15 seconds. 4.Reconnect the power supply to the back of the printer. Plug the power cord back into the wall socket.
Dell Printers To run a nozzle clean, perform the following steps: 1.Verify the All-In-One Printer 922 is powered on and connected to a computer. 2.Verify that the paper support (input tray) has clean, plain white paper loaded. 3.Press the Menu button. 4.Press the Down button until Mode: Maintenance appears on the LCD screen. 5.Press the Menu button. The Dell 922 Maintenance Menu appears on the LCD screen. 6.Press the Down button until Clean Cartridges appears on the LCD screen. 7.Press the Start button. The AIO 922 prints the cleaning page. This process cleans the ink cartridges and resolves many print quality issues.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it. Thanks, Joe
STEP: Disconnect and Reconnect the Printer Power Supply Additional Information
Unplug the power cord from the wall socket. 2.
Disconnect the power supply from the back of the printer. 3.
Wait 15 seconds. 4.
Reconnect the power supply to the back of the printer. 5.
Plug the power cord back into the wall socket. STEP: Perform a nozzle clean on the printer. Additional Information
The following steps will guide you through running a nozzle clean on the 922 printer:
1. Press the Scan Button and the Up Button at the same time to enter diagnostic mode. 2. Use the Up Button or Down Button to navigate to Clean on the LCD and press Menu to begin the nozzle clean. 3. Check the nozzle clean printout and make sure that it is clear of defects and that all expected color bars exist on the page.
STEP: Clear NVRAM on the 922 Printer Additional Information
Press the Scan Button and the Up Button at the same time to enter diagnostic mode
Use the Up Button or the Down Button to navigate to the option for Clear NVRAM on the LCD and press Menu to confirm. 3.
Press Menu again when asked if you are sure. 4.
Press Menu again when asked if you are really sure.
Ink Cartridge and Print Quality Issues on Inkjet Printer
STEP: Verify the Paper Settings and Change the Quality Level Additional Information
1. Click the Start button, point to Control Panel, and then click the Printers and Other Hardware menu item.
2. Click the Printers and Faxes menu item.
3. Right-click the Dell AIO Printer Model Number icon, where Model Number is the model of the printer to troubleshoot.
4. Click the Properties menu and the Printing Preferences menu option.
5. Click the Quality/Copies tab. 6. Click the Paper Setup button.
7. Choose the appropriate paper type based on what is being used in the printer.
STEP: Verify the Printer Ink Levels Additional Information
Quality problems are most often caused by low ink levels or one or more colors in the color cartridge being completely depleted. Perform the following steps to determine the current ink levels and to check for missing colors.
1. Click the Start button, point to All Programs, and then click Dell Printers.
2. Click the model number of your Dell printer.
3. Click Dell Printer Solution Center.
4. On the main window of the solution center you will see two ink tanks in the lower right hand corner. Verify that the ink cartridges are not empty
To ensure that the quality problem is not caused by one color missing print a test page and verify that the colors in the CMYK boxes appear correct. To do so, perform the following actions from the solution center window:
1. Click the Maintenance button on the left-hand side of the window.
2. Click Print Test Page.
3. Verify that the Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and blacK colors are printing without streaks.
» Uninstall Existing Dell™ Printer Drivers Before
reinstalling any printer drivers, it is necessary to remove any printer
drivers that were previously installed. Not doing so can cause problems
that prevent the computer from communicating with the printer. To uninstall previous printer drivers:
Turn off the printer.
Disconnect the USB cable from the back of your Dell printer, click the Start button, point to All Programs, point to Dell™ Printers and then point to the listing of your Dell printer and then click the Uninstall Dell Printer icon.
When the Dell Printer Uninstall confirmation window appears, click Yes. This process may take several minutes to complete. Do not attempt to power off the computer at this time.
When the Dell Printer Uninstallation window appears (Figure 1), click to select the Yes, I want to restart my computer right now (recommended) option, then click OK. (The system automatically shuts down and restarts.)
After the system restarts, the printer uninstallation process is complete.
Do not reconnect the USB cable to the printer until after you have downloaded and reinstalled the printer's drivers.
Back to Top » Download the Printer Drivers for the 922 All-In-One Printer From Support. Dell.Com
To change the language on the Dell 922's display, turn on the printer, then press and hold the Power and Cancel buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds. The language choices will then scroll across the LCD press the up or down arrow key till english appears, then click Menu.