Trouble sending fax from 1 machine when 2 fax machines are on the same line.
We have 2 brother mfc fax machines connected to the same fax number in the office. 1 machine faxes out fine but when we try faxing out from the other machine instead of going to the dialed number it goes straight to the other fax machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The first thing that I would try multiple people to ask them to fax you.Sometimes the 2 machines don't "sync".This is a toll free fax test number that I always use to check my machines..1-888-473-2963.Just write the words "FAX TEST" in large letters on a blank sheet of paper..fax it to that number...leave the line open...you should get a fax back in about a minute.If you get a fax back...your machine is fine...let me know if this was helpful....thanks.
The default setting on Brother MFC printer is Fax. Meaning you will usually see the Fax Button lit with a green light. (If the fax button is not lit, just press that button to get it lit.). Put the sheet of paper you want faxed with the side you want sent face down. Now press the OK button. The screen will ask you to enter the Fax number. Key in the Fax number. Press start. The printer will start scanning that page. Once the first page is scanned it will give you 2 options. You can press 1, if you have more pages to send to the same Fax number. or you can press 2. This will tell the printer(Fax) it is just a 1 page document and the machine starts dialing. Wait for the fax completed message. Please make sure that the machine is connected to a working phone line before you start.
I've had the same problem before. I don't know if it will solve your problem directly but I can offer a work around or two.
1. I have an efax number but with a company called callwave.com , I fax stuff to other customers using callwave and my MFC 7820n completes each fax successfully. So if you can get yourself a callwave efax number you can fax to yourself and forward fax as an email to your intended party.
2. Or, you can use your mfc 7820n to scan your fax docs as a pdf directly to your computer and then emailing them to your intended party.
Unfortunately it might be a brother issue because at the office when I use the hp fax machine instead of the brother machine, the hp faxes to efax numbers without a problem.