Question about Faberware FCP240 Coffee Maker

1 Answer

I need the plastic base for a Faberware FCP 240-A 4 cup Percolato

The plastic base is cracked. its the part the is attached to the main part of the coffee pot by one nut on the bottom. if you take this base off, you will have access to the heating element the temp switch and also the prongs that the electric cord plugs into.

Posted by on

  • Anonymous Mar 13, 2014

    Plug is ok just will not make coffee


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,224 Answers

Ok heres a simple fix if you dont have the money for replacement or cant find parts
J.B.weld from auto parts store this stuff if strong enough to fix a cracked engine block so im sure the pot can get fixed this way

Posted on Dec 06, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Looking to replace the cord insert posts on the base of a 12 cup faberware coffee pot. How do I take the base off to get to the posts? Thanks, Joe

You have a China pot. Take the center screw out of the base, Pry it apart very slowley . The pot has 2 or 3 wires that go to thee main heating element. you will need a neddle nose pliers.Detach the wires on the main unit and you will be able to work on the base. Parts are available on eBay

Jul 13, 2010 | Faberware FCP412 Coffee Maker

1 Answer


Hi Cynthia. I sell the base for 8.00 used and 2.00 S/H. I have to know if it is 3 wire or 2 wire. For feedback my eBay is ron622c

Jun 14, 2010 | Faberware FCP240 Coffee Maker

1 Answer

How much coffee do I use for 30 cups

You must use around 7 to 8 gr per cup so you will need 210 light coffee to 240 gr for strong coffee for 30 cups.
Good Luck
Remember to vote for this answer.

Feb 28, 2010 | Faberware 12-55 Cup Coffee Urn

1 Answer

I have a fcp 512 and the contacts in the base are

Hi. The model # you have a 12 cup China pot.You have to replace the base. Do you use a 3 wire cord or a 2 wire cord. I have the 2 wire base, 8.00 plus 3.00 Go to eBay (ron622c) in find member. bobbyone

Nov 05, 2009 | Faberware Coffee Makers & Espresso...

2 Answers

Have a 2 year old farberware FCP 240 which dos not

The problem is the keep warm element. The reason, your pot perc's and it gets hot near the thermo, the thermo turns off the main element. The keep warm element is not on so after a small amount of time the water cools and the thermo turns the main element back on again, thus making the water hot. The K W element is supposed to be on all the time the pot is plugged in, it is instrumental in perking the first brew making it really hot, the thermo turns off the main element and the K W element keeps the water hot. The K M element is very a easy fix, it is the small looking white rope that runs around the bottom of the pot. You have 1-nut and 1- screw to remove. When removing the screw from the main element you must hold the (leg) that the K M element is screwed to so it does not bend and brake off. Take your time and be firm with the pressure you apply to the screw, while holding it with a pliers. You have a pot made in China

Oct 10, 2009 | Faberware FCP280 Coffee Maker

1 Answer

Faberware Coffee Urn 55 cup

I was able to buy a spigot for my Farberware Coffee Urn FSU236 from Mxim/Toastmaster in Macon, MO PHONE: 1-800-233-9054

Jul 25, 2008 | Faberware 12-55 Cup Coffee Urn

1 Answer

Electric cord

You can use a computer connection cord.

Dec 20, 2007 | Faberware FCP240 Coffee Maker

Not finding what you are looking for?
Faberware FCP240 Coffee Maker Logo

202 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Faberware Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines Experts


Level 3 Expert

3287 Answers

Dael Escher

Level 1 Expert

21 Answers


Level 3 Expert

1194 Answers

Are you a Faberware Coffee Maker and Espresso Machine Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides