Question about HP Deskjet 6940 InkJet Printer
Cleared the paper jam and printer is still showing a paper jam
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Dec 06, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Rollers could be worn out. Also could be a problem with the paper sensor. Not sure what type of sensor this printer uses. Some just use a pressure switch, others use a light sensor.
Posted on May 18, 2009
SOURCE: Lexmark X6570 printer - Cleared
Ok, the paper jam could be due to one of the following:
If there is no bit of paper or debris stuck in the rollers, it would indicate something more serious, and in need of servicing. If your machine is under warranty, I suggest you take it back to the shop and get it replaced.
If your warranty has run out, then you'll either have to get it serviced or buy a new printer (whichever works out cheaper for you)
Hope that helps!
Posted on Nov 11, 2008
SOURCE: paper jam won't clear
Check the far left side under the cover..Typically they have a photo sensor for cartridge positioning and if any pape gets jammed on the left side t will behave irratically.
Posted on May 07, 2009
Hello there even if you not see any thing jams it worth a try.
There this may work for you, it has worked for many here I given this advice so gave it a try it could work for you.
Generally when this happens, something has fallen into the printer, or a piece of paper has been jammed in there.
First step, remove the ink cartridge, and turn the printer upside down and gently shake it, see if anything comes out.
If nothing goes, or you can't hear anything rattling around, get a piece of cardstock paper (60lb or heavier) and gently push this through the printer, to see if it will help push out what might be stuck in there.
And gave the rode that the ink slides on a good clean and maybe a bit oil on cloth and wipe the rod with it.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 04, 2013 | Dell 1250c Color LED Laser-Class Printer...
Feb 06, 2013 | Toshiba E-Studio 450 e-Studio 450
Dec 10, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 24, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
May 25, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6100 All-In-One Printer
Mar 31, 2009 | HP Officejet 4315v All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 13, 2008 | Lexmark E450dn Laser Printer
Sep 23, 2008 | Xerox WorkCentre C2424DN All-In-One Laser...
May 13, 2015 | HP Deskjet 6940 InkJet Printer
279 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: