To use iPod touch, you need:
- A Mac or a PC with a USB 2.0 port and one of the following operating systems:
- Mac OS X version 10.4.10 or later
- Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later, Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Enterprise, or Ultimate edition.
- iTunes 7.6 or later, available at www.apple.com/itunes
- iTunes Store account (to purchase music over Wi-Fi)
- An Internet connection
Before you can use any of the iPod touch features, you must use iTunes to set up iPod touch. You can also register iPod touch and create an iTunes Store account.
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes from www.apple.com/itunes.
- Connect iPod touch to a USB 2.0 port on your Mac or PC using the included cable. The USB port on most keyboards doesn’t provide enough power. Unless your keyboard has a high-powered USB 2.0 port, you must connect iPod touch to a USB 2.0 port on
- Follow the onscreen instructions in iTunes to set up iPod touch and sync your music, video, photos, and other content. Your computer must be connected to the Internet. By default, iTunes automatically syncs all songs and videos in your iTunes library to
iPod touch. If you have more content in your library than will fit on iPod touch, iTunes alerts you that it can’t sync your content. You’ll need to use iTunes to select some of your songs, videos, and other content to sync.
When you get back to France, you'll need sync it with your PC. Download the latest version of iTunes then sync your iPod with your computer.