Question about Kenmore 63942 Dryer
First of all i would like to thank this site/the experts for all of the advice so far in my little venture. A week ago my dryer decided to only work when the start button is held in. A few side notes/observations:
1)When holding the start button in the door opening still stops the dryer (so i guess i can rule out the door switch)
2)When holding the start button in if the timer is counting down the dryer runs but as soon as the timer is turned to the off position the dryer switches off.
3) I've replaced both the motor start relay off the start button (thought it may not be sealing in the circuit properly)
4) I replaced the heater relay, (just thought i would replace them both at the same time)
5) I also replaced the start button because i also thought it was a slim chance that it may be the culpret.
I'm really at a loss, i honestly don't know what to replace next. The circuit board looks like there arn't any huge burn holes in it, and all the wires are not corroded on any of the components for the dryer controls. Can any body offer any more suggestions?
1) Is there any way to really test if it is the circuit board, these darn things are expensive, i would rather not replace it if i don't have to.
2) the other suggestion i've heard is that one of the coils within the motor may be bad, is there a way to check this as well?
I'm normally pretty knowledgeable about this sort of stuff but obviously this time i'm at a loss. I've run out of ideas and i need help. Thank you for any suggestions/comments. I really appreciate it.
Good news, I don't think it is the circuit board. Recheck to see if you put all the wires back on and securely. You may have the starter wires on backwards. The starter is a momentary contact switch and is used primarily to give power for just a split second to start the motor. Let me know how this turns out.
Posted on Jan 20, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 25, 2011 | Dryers
Nov 25, 2007 | Kenmore 63932 Electric Dryer
Apr 08, 2011 | Kenmore Dryers
Apr 08, 2011 | Kenmore 63932 Electric Dryer
Jun 23, 2010 | Kenmore 63942 Dryer
Jul 10, 2009 | Whirlpool LER4634J Electric Dryer
May 24, 2009 | Dryers
Nov 17, 2007 | Whirlpool GEW9250P Electric Dryer
215 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: