I recently bought a kenwood kdc-mp232 and installed it in my van ..i cant seem to get it off demo mode can u help me plz...it is not asking for a security code and i have not input one yet but i did not "unlike the instructions say"try to turn off demo mode on first install can you help me out im going nuts here...
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: demo mode problem
From the user's manual (pg.23):
1. Select the Demonstration Mode. Push the Control knob towards [FM] or [AM]. Select the "DEMO" display.
2. Set the Demonstration Mode. Press the Control knob for at least 2 seconds.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
In standby mode
Manual clock adjustment
1 Select clock adjustment mode
Push the Control Knob towards FM or AM
Select the CLK ADJ display
2 Enter clock adjust mode
Press the control knob for at least 1 second
The clock display blinks
3 Adjust the hours
Push the control knob towards FM or AM
Adjust the minutes
Push the control knobs toward [<<] or [>>]
4 To exit clock adjustment mode
Press the menu button.
Turn the unit onto standby then press and hold the menu button then scroll down to demo using the toggle switch on the right then press and hold the toggle switch for a few seconds and it will change to demo off. It's not too difficult but you are correct, it doesn't tell you correctly in the installation instructions.
There is often confusion in the way the manual states how to achieve removing demo mode. Because this is listed in the "Menu System" section of the manual and assumes you read from page 1 of the manual that you will know to enter the menu in this section of the manual. Here is step by step instructions on removing demo mode on your unit.
1. Go to standby mode
2. Press and hold the menu button till the menu comes up
3. Press control knob towards AM or FM to scroll through menu till you locate "Demo On"
4. Press control knob straight in for approximately 3 seconds till it switches to "Demo Off"
5. Hit menu button again to exit menu