Question about HP LaserJet P2015dn Printer
Can't print from Vista PC. We are sharing a network ready HP laserjet P2015dn using tcp/ip ethernet network.
When I try to print nothing happens. The control lights on the printer show a steady green ready status.
When I open the printer section for the control panel on Vista I see the printer with red check and Printer Offline message.
Right click on the printer icon and select "use online" also are you using the latest Vista drivers? They can be found here.
Posted on Dec 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 10, 2011 | HP LaserJet P2015dn Printer
HP says to use the Vista drivers. You have to install it a a local printer follow these steps....
1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your network. Verify that you can access the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address before continuing. Print a network config page or make note of the IP address and Name. (should be a static IP)
2. Click >> Start >> Control panel >> Devices and Printers.
3. Click the Add a printer
4. Select Local printer
5. Select Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button.
6. Under Device type, select TCP/IP Device. Under Hostname or IP address, enter the printer's host name (found on the printer's network configuration report the generated above). Click Next.
If you get a message about Additional Port Information Required, then the printer was not found using the host name. You can go back and retry or using the printer's IP address instead of the host name.
7. Select HP or Hewlett-Packard from the list of manufacturers and select and select your printer model. Click Next.
If your printer model was not listed, then select Have Disk, browse the HP CD that came with your printer and select the first file that starts with hp and ends with inf.or use currently installed driver if you have teh correct on installed. Click Open then OK. Select your printer model. Click Next.
8. It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one. This will be the name of the printer that you select from other applications.
9. You may be asked to share the printer. Make a choice and click Next.
10. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it.
11. Click Finish.
Dec 19, 2010 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Dec 15, 2010 | HP LaserJet P2015dn Printer
May 10, 2010 | HP LaserJet P2015dn Printer
Feb 19, 2010 | HP LaserJet 4050 Printer
Dec 02, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1022 Printer
May 28, 2009 | HP LaserJet P2015dn Printer
Nov 25, 2008 | HP Printers & Copiers
Sep 08, 2008 | HP LaserJet P2015 Printer
Jan 22, 2008 | HP LaserJet P2015dn Printer
344 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: