Question about Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
If we pull out slightly it will cook, I think it might be the plastic limit switch plate that may be worn or the hinges... can you help?
- Disconnected power and discahrged the capacitor.
- I pulled the screws from the outside cover and removed it.
- I disconnected the door switch plastic limit switch bracket, by removing 2 screws. I tested each limit and the top limit had proven not to make, all the time. It was intermittant and terminals showed some heat wear.
- I will replace it!
Thanks For your help...
Posted on Dec 15, 2008
I strongly suggest that you do not attempt to adjust the hinges.
The door switch mounts are either cracked or need to be adjusted.
Door switch mount trouble is usually caused by slamming the door.
This may be a little more info that you need and it's from a Sharp service manual, but the general principles apply:
1. Disconnect the power supply cord, and then remove outer case.
2. Open the door and block it open.
3. Discharge high voltage capacitor.
If the door sensing switch, secondary interlock switch and monitor switch do not operate properly due to a misadjustment, the following adjustment should be made.
4. Loosen the two (2) screws holding latch hook to the oven cavity front flange.
5. With door closed, adjust latch hook by moving it back and forth, and up and down. In and out play of the door allowed by the upper and lower position of the latch hook should be less than 0.5mm. The vertical position of the latch hook should be adjusted so that the door sensing switch
and secondary interlock switch are activated with the door closed. The horizontal position of the latch hook should be adjusted so that the plunger of the monitor switch is pressed with the door closed.
6. Secure the screws with washers firmly.
7. Check the operation of all switches. If each switch has not activated with the door closed, loosen screw and adjust the latch hook position.
After adjustment, check the following.
1. In and out play of door remains less than 0.5mm when in the latched position. First check upper position of latch hook, pushing and pulling upper portion of door toward the oven face. Then check lower portion of the latch Figure C-3. Latch Switch Adjustments hook, pushing and pulling upper portion of door toward the oven face. Both results (play in the door) should be less than 0.5mm.
2. The door sensing switch and secondary interlock switch interrupt the circuit before the door can be opened.
3. Monitor switch contacts close when door is opened.
4. Re-install outer case and check for microwave leakage around door with an approved microwave survey meter.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Dec 07, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 17, 2009 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Mar 02, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 13, 2009 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Nov 26, 2008 | Sharp Microwave Ovens
Nov 25, 2008 | GE JVM1542 Microwave Oven
Nov 21, 2008 | Panasonic NN-T990SA Microwave Oven
Nov 07, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 22, 2008 | Emerson MW8108P Microwave Oven
Jul 10, 2008 | Daewoo KOR-860A Microwave Oven
Mar 13, 2008 | Kenmore 80412 Microwave Oven
Jul 16, 2014 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
267 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!